Post subject: DOSBox-X v0.82.17 (2019-04-05)
Posted: Apr 06, 2019 - 08:55 PM
AEP Team Member
Joined: Jul 04, 2004
Highscores in 04/2019
DOSBox-X ist ein Ableger von DOSBox, der den Fokus auf genaue Emulation legt und deutlich mehr Einstellungs- und Konfigurationsmöglichkeiten bietet. Hier gibt es den Download.
DOSBox-X is a fork of DOSBox. It has a focus on accurate emulation of the hardware and many more ways to tweak and configure the DOS virtual machine. You can download it here.
- Fixed yellowish tint of tv3x scaler on SDL1 builds of
Mac OS X.
- Fixed hq2x/hq3x and the various sai render scalers to
render correctly on SDL1 builds of Mac OS X (where the
odd BGRA color order is used). Prior to this fix the
scaler output had a very strong yellow tint (missing
or misrendered blue channel).
- Fixed basic scaler template code to render correct RGBA
colors in SDL1 builds for Mac OS X.
- New grayscale scaler option, to emulate monochrome VGA
- Menu handling cleanup from within Pause loop, including
Mac OS X menu problems when invoking pause from the
- Shell welcome text fixed to show consistent first line in
both IBM PC and PC-98 mode.
- Pause mode fixed to handle mouse input while paused, so that
SDL drawn menus (on Linux or HX DOS) continue to work while
- Added dosbox.conf option (off by default) to add the
NEC PC-98 copyright string at E800:0DD8 for games and
applications that require it.
- Debugger can now show guest MS-DOS kernel MCB chain if you
boot an MS-DOS floppy or hard disk image using
BOOT --boothax msdos. For use with MS-DOS 3.3 or higher
including the real mode MS-DOS environment of Windows 95.WARNING: Use boothax msdos ONLY with real mode MS-DOS, do
not use with the protected mode environment (desktop) of
Windows 95 especially a DOS VM within Windows. Use with
MS-DOS and a DOS extender (DOS4GW, etc) should be OK.
- Added "--boothax " option to BOOT command. At this
time is limited to "msdos" to instruct the emulation
to intercept specific INT 21h calls to locate the MS-DOS
kernel's List of List and MCB chain structures for use with
- "TV" scaler updated to render dimmer alternate scanlines
in CGA graphics modes (frank-deng)
- Direct3D output no longer leaves DOS screen frozen when
Direct3D device is "lost" (such as hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL
to bring up the Windows C+A+D screen).
- Page fault handling on by default now for dynamic core,
DOS games and Windows 3.1 seem to handle it OK.
- Page fault handling no longer use non-recursive page fault
method with dynamic core, no matter what. It's too unreliable.
- PC-98 mode now switches PIT Timer 2 clock gate ON by default
to satisfy delay loops in Sunsoft "Photo Genic" and allow it
to run. Note that PIT Timer 2 drives the baud rate clock of
the RS-232C port.
- IDE emulation bug fixed that prevented BIOS to IDE
geometry translation when BIOS head count == 255. This
fix also allows Windows 95 to use it's IDE driver with
4GB or larger hard drives instead of running in MS-DOS compatibility
- Disk image support fixed to allow 4GB or larger hard disk
images to work again.
- FPU x86 core no longer calls E_Exit if the FPU stack
overflows or underflows.
- Updated build-debug scripts to accept "32" on the command
line as a sign to compile 32-bit (i686) on a 64-bit (x86_64)
system. You will need a multilib-capable GCC and 32-bit
libraries installed on your system for this to work.
- SDL2 OpenGL fixed color order issue
- OpenGL is now supported in SDL2 builds.
- Changed MPU-401 reset duration (DOSBox SVN).
[ PC Emus / Virtual Machines ][ MAC Emulatoren ]