AEP Team Member
Joined: Jul 04, 2004
Der Doom Source-Port Doom Legacy wurde aktualisiert.
A new version of the Doom source port Doom Legacy has been released.
1.48.8 SVN1568 (2020-12-19)FEATURES 1.48.8
- Sky generation has gotten a Vanilla setting. Sky drawing (software draw) now puts a solid texture above and below the sky, and no longer tiles the sky. The OpenGL sky draw has separate sky draw behavior.
- The mouse2 serial support has been expanded to handle PC mice, MouseSystems mice, and PS/2 mice, for SDL and Win32 ports. The PC and MS mice have been tested. If anyone has found a way to route a PS/2 mouse, possibly on USB, to a serial port input, please let us know.
BUG FIXES 1.48.8
- A savegame buffer overflow was fixed. An overflow prevention test had been misplaced. such that it could be avoided in some conditions. Fixes BUG 0667.
- Cleaned out some of the accumulated cruft in sky drawing. Fixed sky tiling, and then made changes to prevent sky tiling.
- Changed the software mode sky drawing to TM_picture format. This eliminates the line artifacts that were drawn above and below the sky, and restores the vertical alignment.
- Limited the software sky drawing to the texture, so to not tile the sky draw. Created a skytop_flat for above the sky, and a ground_flat for below the sky. These are drawn when the viewed sky exceeds the bounds of the sky texture. For now, these flats are created as solid textures. Hardware draw has a separate sky draw behavior.
- In the case of 200 or 240 sized sky textures (Heretic and Legacy substitutes), fixed the texture sky height so that the correct size TM_picture is created. Fixes BUG 0668.
- Changed the freedoom wad names, avoiding doom wad names as that was conflicting with doom2 gamemode. Freedoom: "freedoom2.wad", "freedoom.wad", and "fdoom2.wad". Ultimate freedoom: "freedoom1.wad", "freedu.wad", "fdoomu.wad".
- Fixed BUG 0670, Monsters mysteriously disappearing, moving large distances into the void space.
This bug was introduced in the moonwalk patch (SVN 1540) by copying the opposite direction calculation code from PrBoom. This was done in an effort to reduce differences that might lead to bugs. It replaced a table lookup implementation. However, the PrBoom calculation must be guarded against the value DI_NODIR, which the table implementation could handle inherently. Without that protection, an olddir of DI_NODIR introduced a direction of 12 into the logic, which can only handle directions of 0..7, with NODIR=8. Several times a game that 12 value would survive long enough to get used, which would be expressed as a wild walk movement.
- Improved the large blockmap handling to deal with more issues of blockmap overflow in the presence of zennode blockmap compression. It can now handle more maps of the Lost Civilization wad, although some other issues are still present.
- The mouse2 support was found to be disabled and missing for the SDL port. It has been fixed, and expanded to handle PC mice, MouseSystems mice, and PS/2 mice, for SDL Linux, SDL Windows, and Win32 ports. Fixes BUG 0669.
- Made LOGMESSAGES work again, which writes debugging logs. Release binaries do not have this code. If DoomLegacy is compiled with LOGMESSAGES enabled (doomdef.h file), a log.txt file will be produced. This is currently enabled when compiled with DEBUG.
- Fixed the overlapped string copies detected by GCC 10. Fixes BUG 0671, Michael Bäuerle.
- Reduced warnings when compiling with GCC 10. This was mostly due to signed char being used as an index, which may cause problems on some platforms. Fixes BUG 0671.
[ Weitere Remakes und VMs ]