Post subject: DOSBox-X v0.82.21 (2019-08-31)
Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 12:14 PM
AEP Team Member
Joined: Jul 04, 2004
Highscores in 10/2019
DOSBox-X ist ein Ableger von DOSBox, der den Fokus auf genaue Emulation legt und deutlich mehr Einstellungs- und Konfigurationsmöglichkeiten bietet. Hier gibt es den Download.
DOSBox-X is a fork of DOSBox. It has a focus on accurate emulation of the hardware and many more ways to tweak and configure the DOS virtual machine. You can download it here.
- Reduced title bar size of the Configuration GUI.
- Fixed sizing and positions of some Help menu dialog
boxes in the Configuration GUI.
- Configuration GUI issues with help text and word
wrap running off the edge of the window have been
- INT 21h AX=3702h AVAILDEV returns DL=FFh to match
- Added INT 21h AX=6523h, for Microsoft software
that uses it after prompting the user for a Y/N
answer such as FORMAT.COM and FDISK.EXE
- PC-98 MS-DOS kernel now writes fake INT 1Bh device
list to 60:6C to satisfy certain games that need
it for their "master disk" detection.
- Fixed FAT driver bug that caused the allocation
of an extra cluster if writing a file that is
exactly a multiple of the cluster size long.
- FAT driver now assigns current date/time when
- Increased the DTA segment size of the DOS FAT driver
to fix problems with directory searches corrupting
- Disk Parameter Block linked list now terminates
with next pointer at FFFF:FFFF instead of 0000:0000
to match general DOS pattern and satisfy some
PC-98 games that enumerate the list.
- INT AH=52h List of Lists now points to the Disk
Parameter Block as well, which allows some PC-98
games that enumerate the list to work.
- Video parameter list and table at BIOS DATA AREA
40:A8 added to MCGA mode, to match real PS/2 MCGA
- FAT driver now updates the Disk Parameter
Block when activated, and provides as much
from the FAT filesystem as possible. It is now
possible to run Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22
SCANDISK.EXE on a drive letter attached from
a disk image.
- Disk Parameter Block is now the proper full
size. The limited 9 bytes/block hackery has
- Added INT 25h/INT 26h emulation for FAT drives
mounted with IMGMOUNT.
- Fake disk paramter table fixed to indicate one
- Fixed INT 25h/INT 26h to return an error rather than
silently fail with success. Emulation of these calls
exist currently only as stubs and, according to
source comments, as a workaround for MicroProse
installers. For disk diagnostic software like
Microsoft ScanDisk it is better to signal an error
until INT 25h/INT 26h are fully implemented.
- Added dosbox.conf option to control whether INT 10h
VESA BIOS function AX=4F00h (Get SVGA information)
zeros the entire 256-byte or 512-byte structure or
not. Turning the option off (no zeroing) allows
"Get Saddam!" to run with SVGA and VESA BIOS
extensions enabled without crashing. The developer
calls INT AX=4F00h but does not provide enough
storage space for the full 256 byte structure,
only enough for the base structure defined by VESA.
- INT 2Fh updated to explicitly mention SMARTDRV or
DBLSPACE if values of AX are known to match their
- VESA BIOS modelist now includes S3 OEM video modes
as documented by the RBIL, and needed by Line Wars II.
- OpenGL output now clears 3 frames instead of 2 after
mode change to deal with nVidia hardware that
reportedly triple buffers OpenGL rendering in
- INT 21h fixed to always enable the A20 gate through
HIMEM.SYS if dosbox.conf indicates a configuration where
XMS is enabled, the HMA is enabled, and DOS is loaded
high (DOS=HIGH), which is the default configuration
- XMS emulation fixed not to allow conventional memory
block addresses (source or dest) if it extends past
the 1MB+64KB-16 range normally accessible from real
mode, as per Microsoft XMS test program.
- XMS emulation fixed to disallow XMS block move/copy
with an odd length byte count, per Microsoft XMS
- XMS emulation no longer allows freeing a XMS block
handle that is still locked, as per Microsoft XMS
specification and testing software.
- Enhance existing INT 68h fix for "PopCorn" by adding
a dosbox.conf option to always keep INT 68h NULL,
so that it's possible to run the game in machine
configurations other than CGA.
- EGA/VGA: Fix "dynamic parameter save area" pointer,
to make sure it's initialized to zero properly.
This is needed to run "Get Saddam!" in VGA mode
- INT 10h AH=12h BL=10h no longer responds in
machine=mcga mode, which allows Thexder to run in
256-color mode properly when emulating MCGA.
- Added code to silence the PC speaker, if it was left
on at reset, at BIOS POST.
- Added pause at BIOS POST (after reset), with
dosbox.conf option to control, so that screen contents
at reset can be seen.
- Writes to unmapped 0xE0000-0xE7FFF in PC-98 mode no
longer print a "write to ROM" warning. PC-98 games
and software like to zero that region whether or not
the 4th bitplane is enabled.
- PC speaker emulation now takes into consideration
the case when the 8254 timer has been given a control
word without a counter value, in which case no sound
is to be emitted until a control word is written.
This fixes "Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back"
when the game fails to detect Adlib (OPL2) hardware.
- Adlib polling hack no longer needed.
- Floppy controller emulation fixed to support sector
sizes other than 512 bytes per sector.
- Floppy controller fixed to always set "seek completed"
status bit after seek/calibrate, not just when the
head hits track 0 (programming mistake).
- PC-98 40-column text mode is now supported.
- Integrated commits from mainline (Allofich)
- In the mapper, display disabled items or events
with no binding in grey.
- Implemented BIOS beep sound for ASCII character 7
- Return failure for INT 13 format calls if the
drive is inactive.
[ PC Emus / Virtual Machines ][ MAC Emulatoren ]