· RSS News-syndication Deutsch
· News-Banner (JPG)

Friends
· Emu-France
· progetto-SNAPS
· EmuBit.pl
· PDRoms

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
retroKOffline
Titel: 3DO: FourDO v1.0.0.0  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.08.2011, 20:07 Uhr
Site Admin

FourDO ist eine quelloffene Weiterentwicklung des 3DO Emulators FreeDO.

FourDO is an open source derivate of the 3DO emulator FreeDO.

Zitat:
Alpha version released!
I got the controls figured out tonight, and also resolved a speed issue. It´s in a pretty presentable state, so I´m marking the occasion by packaging up version 1.0.0.0!
2011-08-04 05:46:55 UTC by johnnydude
Rebound!!
Not too long ago, I caught wind of the fact that parts of FreeDO´s code went open source. I decided to look into what I could piece together with what was uploaded. I was delighted to find that the provided FreeDO source code is fairly complete!

For the last couple of weeks I´ve been working on testing the code out and ensuring I can hook up to it. The odyssey involved uncovering each feature in a venerable, working state: video, audio, disc access, etc. I am very happy indeed! I am also grateful for the FreeDO developers´ choice in going open source.

At the moment I have only controls to flesh out in order to know that the FreeDO code is working well on it´s own. I don´t expect that will take terribly long, so I have enough confidence to say that FourDO is capable of undergoing a revival.

The key difference time time around is that I will no longer be attempting the high-level approach. To clarify, FourDO is being revived as simply a low-level emulator. Also, to give credit where it´s due, the core of the emulation is powered by FreeDO´s code. FourDO is primarily just a user interface around it.

Since I´ve had to make a few changes to the FreeDO code, the FourDO project includes its own copy of it. I don´t know if any FreeDO development is going to continue, so I´m not particularly worried about branching in this fashion.

I have been using C# for the front-end. This speeds development time considerably, and I´ve been wary of introducing bloated bottlenecks as a result of utilizing the high-level language. So far I have been impressed with the minimal overhead it introduces.

I hope to help breathe a little life into the 3DO emulation scene. With any luck I can have FourDO up to snuff and provide a good framework to support bug fixes or additions to the core that will flesh out the game compatibility.

Related links:
[ 3DO Emus ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 
AEP Emulation Page 1998 - 2024