I have released VGBAnext 6.4.2, a new version of my universal GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, NES, and Famicom emulator for Android. Since Google no longer allows apps to access file system on Android10+ devices, the new VGBAnext will access files via "Secure Access Framework" on these devices. You may have to give the app permission to access your storage. Please, report any found problems to the support group or email me directly about them. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning VGBAnext from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:
- The app is on $2.99 sale at Google Play this week.
- Refactored app to comply with Google's latest ban on file I/O.
- On Android 10+, all file access is now done via content providers.
- Content is copied to a temporary folder for use, changes moved back on exit.
- You may have to give app separate permission to read each storage location.
- Fixed several crash sources that popped up after refactoring.
- Fixed handling of spaces and parentheses in "content://" URIs.
- Fixed list of volumes in "Change Folder" dialog.
- Fixed "Change Folder" functionality.