I have released Speccy 5.6, a new version of my Sinclair ZX Spectrum and Sam Coupe emulator for Android. This release is based on the latest Speccy 5.6 for Windows and Linux, published last week. It fixes issues with loading some .TRD and .Z80 files. Since Google no longer allows apps to access file system on Android10+ devices, the new Speccy will now access files via "content providers" on these devices. You may have to give the app permission to access your storage. Please, report any found problems to the support group or email me directly about them. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning Speccy from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder.
- Based on latest Speccy 5.6 for Windows and Linux sources.
- Fixed some .Z80 files not loading due to missing Interface I ROM.
- Fixed problem loading truncated .TRD files.
- Refactored app to comply with Google's latest ban on file I/O.
- On Android 10+, all file access is now done via content providers.
- Content is copied to a temporary folder for use, changes moved back on exit.
- You may have to give app separate permission to read each storage location.
- Please, report any found problems to the support group or email me directly.
- Fixed several crash sources that popped up after refactoring.
- Fixed handling of spaces and parentheses in "content://" URIs.
- Fixed list of volumes in "Change Folder" dialog.
- Fixed "Change Folder" functionality.