* Fix video where on some systems the screen refresh was either very slow or infrequent.
* Support for running in WOW64 mode on 64-bit XP and 64-bit Vista.
* Improve support for running in virtual machines such as VMware and Virtual PC
* Remove menu options that had little effect (such as "Fast Refresh" or "Use Hardware Timer") in order to reduce testing complexity.
* Eliminate Windows calls specific to certain Windows releases and choosing more general purpose implementations instead. For example, the "write watch" API in Windows is no longer being used as it is not consistently available on different PCs.
* Merge back to a common 680x0 emulation engine. Gemulator 8 and SoftMac 8 had used forked sources which had diverged significantly and had subtly different behaviour.
* For use on Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, and the Windows 2008 beta.
* You can run Auto Configure again to reset your settings and scan for ROMs. Most older GEM2000.INI settings files will read correctly, but you are best advised to simply reset your settings.
* Atari TOS image files should be named TOS.ROM, TOS.IMG, or MAGIC_PC.OS and placed either in the same folder as your GEMUL8R.EXE program, or in the directory specified during Auto Configure process.
* Macintosh Plus
ROM image files should be named MAC.ROM or MACPLUS.ROM and similarly placed in one of the two folders prior to the Auto Configure process.
* Gemulator 9.0 supports all versions of Atari ST, Atari STE, Atari Mega ST, Atari Mega STE, and Apple Macintosh Plus
* Gemulator 9.0 will detect but may not properly run Atari TT, Atari Falcon, or Macintosh ROMs beyond the Macintosh Plus
To create a custom virtual machine profile, set the Mode selector to an existing profile then click the "+Clone" button to duplicate that virtual machine profile. A plus sign in the name will indicate that you are working on the duplicate. Edit the name of the new configuration in the Properties dialog box to give it a more descriptive name.
Gemulator 9.0 creates 5 default virtual machine profiles: Atari 800 (6502
), Atari 800XL (6502
), Atari ST (68000
), Atari STE (68030), and Macintosh Classic (68000
). Up to 11 more profiles can be created. Click the "-" button to delete a profile.