Post subject: DOSBox-X v0.82.22 (2019-09-30)
Posted: Oct 01, 2019 - 10:23 AM
AEP Team Member
Joined: Jul 04, 2004
Highscores in 10/2019
DOSBox-X ist ein Ableger von DOSBox, der den Fokus auf genaue Emulation legt und deutlich mehr Einstellungs- und Konfigurationsmöglichkeiten bietet. Hier gibt es den Download.
DOSBox-X is a fork of DOSBox. It has a focus on accurate emulation of the hardware and many more ways to tweak and configure the DOS virtual machine. You can download it here.
- Added Normal2x render scalers so that 'force scaler'
for 1x2 or 2x1 scalefactors works and you can scale
up 320x200/640x200 VGA modes and 640x200 CGA modes
- Main window titlebar now reflects whether or
not the debugger interface is active.
- Debugger interface now flushes terminal input
upon entering the debugger, so that keyboard
input prior to entering the debugger is ignored.
- Debugger mapper shortcut and menu item are now
a toggle. Selecting once will enter the debugger
and selecting again will resume emulation.
- cycles=max now displays cycle percentage correctly
instead of showing e.g. 100 cyc/ms
- (Allofich) Note and ignore INT 33, AX=53C1 call
for the Logitech CyberMan.
- Fixed odd code addition that disabled (through
the configuration) XMS, EMS, and UMB when
booting a guest OS. This fixes a problem where
those services are not available when rebooting
back into the DOSBox-X shell from a guest OS.
- CGA 640x200 and MCGA 640x480 modes fixed to
have proper refresh rate when machine=mcga,
instead of 140Hz.
- MCGA horizontal active display register
encodes N - 1, not N, according to real
hardware register dumps.
- INT 10h modes 2 and 3 updated set MCGA CRTC
write protect bit, to match real PS/2 hardware
behavior, and to unlock CRTC registers during
- PC-98 VSYNC interrupt now fires at vertical
retrace start (as documented) instead of at
active display end behavior borrowed from
DOSBox VGA emulation. This fixes "Tonight"
- Fixed mistake that placed N88 ROM BASIC stub
(something specific to PC-9 in memory even
in IBM PC/XT/AT emulation mode.
- Fixed some callback slot leaks that can cause
DOSBox-X to run out of callback slots if you
reset the guest system too much.
- Fixed invalid callback and errant interrupt
handling during BIOS reset delay that happens
if you use the keyboard shortcut to trigger
- XMS emulation resets global enable and local
enable state on XMS emulation startup to fix
crashes related to inability to control A20 gate
after system reset or DOS kernel restart.
- Debugger "SM" command now accepts segment:offset
syntax for memory location to write.
- Fixed INT 21h AH=65h bug that returns DBCS table
for AH=4h that should return filename uppercase
- Configuration GUI property settings are now
shown in a single column wide list with scrolling.
- In the configuration GUI, help dialogs will now
present the help text as a scrollable region if
there is too much to fit on screen.
- dosbox.conf mixer rate will now accept any
sample rate from 4KHz to 192KHz instead of only
fixed specific sample rates.
- cascade interrupt ignore in service setting now
accepts true, false, and auto. "auto" is now the
default, and will choose true or false depending
on machine type for correct emulation either way.
It should no longer be necessary to add
"cascade interrupt ignore in service=true" to
your dosbox.conf every time you want to run a
PC-98 game properly.
- PC-98 FM board emulation will now load SOUND.ROM
into segment CC00h if available, if FM board
emulation is enabled.
- PC-98 INT 18h AH=30h updated to return AH=05h
AL=00h BH=00h if success, AH=00h AL=01h BH=01h
if failure. This is needed to get Puyo Puyo 2
to work, which for some reason fails if a call
to set 15KHz mode works.
- PC-98 LIO and SOUND BIOS entry points, while
still not implemented, have been updated to
print the name of the call according to an
- DOS FCB rename now supports renaming the
volume label as MS-DOS does.
- Fixed bug that prevented proper DOS FCB rename
if the FCB used to rename is extended.
- FAT filesystem driver updated to also store
updated volume label in the boot sector of the
partition, as per MS-DOS FAT standards.
- FCB create can now be used to set a FAT
filesystem label. MS-DOS LABEL.EXE works
- FAT filesystem driver now allows LABEL command
to change the FAT volume label of mounted disk
- DOS kernel updated to support basic FCB methods
of deleting/setting the volume label, at least
on local folder mounts.
- DOS kernel will now return the volume label of
FAT filesystems mounted from disk images.
- LABEL setting code fixed not to treat label as
if an 8.3 filename.
- LABEL is no longer a builtin shell command and
appears on drive Z: as LABEL.COM
- LABEL reimplemented to imitate MS-DOS behavior
with regard to how it handles the command line.
- File I/O checking and cleanup (Allofich)
- Integrated commits from mainline (Allofich)
- Handle errant IRQs as a real BIOS does. Also
remove r3263 workaround, as it's no longer
- Fix flag behavior of several shift/rotate
instructions, cause exceptions and fix
potential 'pop ss' problems
- Add support for Print Screen key and
interrupt. In-game screenshot feature
of Descent and Descent 2 now works.
[ PC Emus / Virtual Machines ][ MAC Emulatoren ]