Beside the source code, you can find here three different compiled versions of EmuTOS 0.8:
- The 512kB version is intended for Aranym
- The 256kB version is intended for all normal ST and STE emulators
- The 192kB version is also for normal ST and STE emulators, but it is "crippled"
so that it fits in a 192kB image file. Use it only to run very old software that does
not work with the 256kB version.
"fntconv" is an utility for creating the build-in fonts of EmuTOS. You don´t need it unless you are an EmuTOS developer.
- Improved GEM desktop (more comfortable, many bugs fixed, ...)
- New translations: Spanish and Greek.
- Most parts of the VDI have been rewritten in C for better maintainability.
- Nearly all Line-A functions have been removed/disabled (deprecated API).
- EmuTOS can now be compiled with GCC 3.x, too.
- graf_shrinkbox() and graf_growbox() have been enabled again.
- form-alert boxes now also work in ST low resolution.
- The AES behave much closer to the original Atari AES than before, so much
more old programs are working now.
- And lots of other bug fixes and minor improvements