Multilingual support demonstration captures:
PSPKVM Running Opera Mini:
0.5.4 Test 8 (Uploaded Oct. 12, 2009) ¶
The binary packages available for this release are:
* CFW build, full package (15 MB--build for consoles running custom firmware)
* CFW build, package without fonts (5.5 MB--as above, but without the fonts--see note below)
* FW 1.5 build, full package (15 MB--build for consoles running OFW 1.5)
* FW 1.5 build, package without fonts (5.5 MB--same as above, but without the fonts--see note below)
Note re ´fontless´ packages ¶
Please use the packages without fonts if you´re just upgrading from a previous test package, and/or don´t want or need Deja Vu or Firefly Sung included with your KVM. These packages are proving extremely popular, and the traffic is giving the server a workout. And note especially that if you´re just installing the new package over a recent test build, you´ll still get everything you had before if you use the smaller packages to update your install. This just saves you and us moving some 10 Mb you already have (or don´t want or don´t need).
New in this release ¶
This release is identical to test build 7, but adds the following:
* The Danzeff and semichordal boards now implement ´smart display´ in which they move out of the way of input in large text fields as you type.
* Icons have been added to the configuration and network setup screens in an attempt to make this a little easier to use for non-English users, until we can get some translation going for these screens.
* Network setup has been overhauled, in an attempt to address occasional issues with lost connections that cannot be reestablished without a VM restart. In case of a lost connection, you should now be able to reconnect from the Wifi manager midlet, without restarting the VM. Please report whether this works for you in the shoutbox at http://pspkvm.org.
* The Danzeff display has been made slightly more compact as compared with the previous build.
* The readme has been updated and is now included with the binary packages.
Notes on upgrading from these packages ¶
If you´re upgrading from a recent test build, and wish to preserve your settings (set in the .ini and the in-GUI config system), do not overwrite the pspkvm.ini and vmsettings.cfg files in your pspkvm directory with those from the package. Your system should run fine, and this will preserve your previous settings.