hmm, 0.9.4+ desyncs even when I play an existing movie (it sometimes playback correctly). I usually don´t use the 0.9.4 official, so I don´t know if it´s plus-specific issue. Anyway, using 0.9.4+ might not be safe at the moment... I think I´ll investigate what´s wrong.
Again, for making a new movie, you should use 0.9.4 instead of 0.9.2, since it emulates things better.
One of major advantages is sound emulation. You´ll hear really bad sound with 0.9.2, especially when you play a game which uses a streamed sound.
Anyway, I´ve made an improved version of 0.9.4 official!
My 0.9.4+ has:
* Less desyncs (savestate has been updated, but you can read old savestates as well)
* Lua scripting with advanced graphic functions (they don´t work for now even on the latest svn version, but hopefully they´ll get fixed soon)
* Path settings
* State rewinding (it´s not tested at all, oh well)
* Magnification filters like hq2x
* Other little bugfixes (ex. frame advance improvement)
Still, it should sync fine with 0.9.4 movies. Let´s try it now!
Note: these codes are ported from the svn trunk.
* Download DeSmuME
0.9.4+ win32 binary (r2766)
* Source code is available as a branch in the official svn repository of DeSmuME
. Checkout https://desmume.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/desmume
/branches/rerecording_0_9_4_plus (as usual, I haven´t maintained non-windows port at all. However, I think it can be compiled with no big changes. If someone is interested to maintain them, please do)