Hi, I have a new release coming out soon and was hoping to get some feedback and bug reports. Here’s what’s new:
* Added Launcher to support Favorites list
* Added Atari 800/XL/XE
images to Launcher list
* Added several User keys
* Video Changed drawing (less tearing?)
* Added 16/32-bit video modes
* Added Fullscreen mode configuration
* Added NTSC filter (thanks Blargg)
* Added 3x scaling
* Added Screenshots
* Core Atari 800/XL/XE
support (see documentation)
* Fixed PM graphics in hi-res again (Bounter Bob Counter)
* Added PAL support
* Added INS instruction (Pac Pollux crash, slampam reported)
* Misc Changed configuration to SQLite database
* Improved directory handling (Frontends, Drag-N-Drop)
* Updated to latest GuiChan version
* Added INNO setup for Windows
* Now open source
* NOT backward compatible with previous versions
Get it here: http://code.google.com/p/kat5200
* Some things I’m interested in knowing: * All 8-bit images I know about (i.e. in the database) should work as far as using the correct machine, BASIC, ram size without the user needing to set those things. Let me know if that works. Also, for cassette images, you may need to disable the SIO patch, it needs a little improvement. Now that I think about it, you also need to hit space bar on boot to bring up a cassette.
* * The Launcher by default only lists images for the current machine in one long list. I think what may be best are the options to show all the images for all machines and tab them by the type of image. Play around with these options and let me know what you think.
* * Do the input and video configuration options make sense? Since I don’t have documentation yet how easy is it to use?
* * Other bugs / suggestions. There is an issues list on the page above, feel free to enter them there as well.
I have a couple of weeks here where I can’t work on it. Seemed like a good time to get a little feedback before I clean up and release.