This is a major release to signalize the completion of the compatibility
project - to test all the games/demos in the GoodGBX V2.02 ROM set (over
6,000). My sincere thanks to Scott Nash.
- New Features:
* Simulate the startup code in GB and GBC modes.
* Automatic ignore the extra 512 bytes at the start for some badly
dumped games. Example: Soreike! Anpanman 2 (J) [C]
* Colors look more like to a real GBC.
* The colors for GB look like to a real GB.
* The options for changing GB palette are renamed as follows:
~ Default -> Classic GB
~ Normal -> GB Pocket
- Bugs Fixed:
* Screen scrolling is now less jerky (mainly on Windows port). Versatility
(PD) runs at full speed.
* The following games/demos have better/correct graphics:
~ Dark Man (the corrupted line just above the status window is removed -
this is verified by a real GB)
~ Infocom - Wishbringer 2 (PD) (the scrolling of text does not have a
~ Lunar Lander (U) (the screen will flash shortly at the title screen
after the title has completely scrolled up. Also, the space shuttle
and the launcher does mix together when they overlap.)
~ Parts Collection - Medarot Kuma (J) [S] (when the main character and
the bear sleep, they will not flash up again after the screen fades
~ Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (U) [C][h1] (the colors of the characters
are now correct again. Note that you have to force KiGB
as GBC mode
to run this game as the header is incorrectly set it as a GB game.)
~ Razor Freestyle Scooters (U) [C] (the lower part of the exclaimation
mark no longer flashes just before game play)
~ Super Mario Land (V1.1) (JUA) (Mario flashes when moving out from a
~ Robocop (no more gfx glitches at the left just before game play)
~ Robocop Vs Terminator (U) (screen no longer flashes at the screen just
before game play and when you die)
~ Rugrats Movie, The (U) [S] (screen no longer jumps when you jump)
~ Saiyuuki (J) (garbage no longer flashes up when pressing Select during
~ Supreme Snowboarding (E) (M3) [C] (the little hills during play are
displayed correctly again when they are overlapped)
~ Tazmainan Devil - Muching Madness (U) (M5) [C][t1] (sometimes the title
becomes garbage at the trainer screen)
~ To-Heart Slideshow Green and Red (PD) (no more garbage after the first
part. However, the second option is missing.)
~ Torpedo Range (UE) (the lower part of the screen does not flash up just
before the title scrolling up)
~ Turi Sensei 2 (J) [C] (the white line is removed when dialog box
~ Vila Caldan Color (PD)
~ World Cup ´94 (the coin no longer flashes just before tossing)
~ Xiang Pu -- Dong Hai Dao Chang Suo (Sumo Fighter) (J) (garbage flashes
up after pressing Start at the main menu screen)
~ WWF Superstars (J) (no more gfx glitches at the title)
* The following games/demos have better/correct sound:
~ Alone in the Dark (startup music - very close but still not perfect)
~ WCW Mayhem (U) [C] (both left and right channels play sound)
~ Work Master 2 Demo (V1.9) (UNL) [C] (a sound note is played at startup)
* The sprites drawing priority in GB mode is now correct again. Games
affected: Lunar Lander (U), Hyper Dunk (U) and possibly a few others.
* The sprites drawing priority in GBC mode is now correct again. You can
really see through the wall to see the targets in the gallery when you
move the aim on the wall in Perfect Dark (U) (M5) [C].
* Super Ninja - a TornPocket Production (WIP) (Y2kode) (PD) [C] (when you
press and hold the Start button, the game pauses. When you relase it,
the game resumes immediately.)
* Super Scrabble (U) now works again.
* Touch Boy System ROM (UNL) [C] now works properly.
* Yar´s Revenge - The Quotile Ultimatumm (PD) does not hang after the
first screen. This game cannot be played on a real GB.
* Fixed a careless bug in joypad setting.
* Use of Super Smartjoy (a joypad device) will not crash out.
* The destination code is now correctly shown.
* When the keyboard mapping dialog is displayed, it will always display
player 1 in the player number selection list.