The Latest Virtual GameBoy Version is 3.5!
Starting with this version, I am releasing free VGB ports for Unix and Maemo. The latest VGB-Unix is currently available for Ubuntu
Linux. VGB-Maemo runs on Nokia N800/N810 internet tablets with Maemo OS2008. See below for binaries. The VGB-Symbian port features optimized display routines and extra configuration options for sound latency, frame skip, and frame sync.
New in This Version
* Ported VGB to Unix using the new EMULib framework. I will try to compile the new VGB-Unix for as many Unix flavors as possible. At the moment, only Ubuntu
Linux binaries are available.
* Ported VGB to Maemo OS2008 used in N800 and N810 internet tablets from Nokia. VGB-Maemo is specifically optimized for internet tablets using assembler modules from VGB-Symbian.
* Replaced -zoom/-nozoom command line options with -soft/-nosoft and made softening, scanline simulation, and synchronization options work on all relevant platforms (Unix, Maemo, MSDOS).
* Replaced -240 option with -480 in VGB-MSDOS.
* Removed -novsync option from VGB-MSDOS, as -nosync does the same thing.
* Made [F8] toggle scanline simulation, while [SHIFT]+[F8] toggles softening.
* Fixed situation when VGB-Windows could stay in memory after being closed.
* VGB-Symbian display routines rewritten in ARM assembler for speed. This should mainly affect UIQ3 users but S60 users will also benefit.
* Split VGB-Symbian configuration menu into four tabs, making "Video" and "Audio" settings separate.
* Added "Audio Latency", "Skip Frames", and "Sync Updates" settings to VGB-Symbian.