See below test vesion log for changes since last public release.
- Fixed: Crash when Favourites are selected with no games in the listview.
- Fixed: mp not opening in Favourites view, when it was the last view before program exit.
1.6.3 (test only)
- Fixed: View ´Menu bar´ needs to show/hide ´Tools´ menu.
- Fixed: column headers saving to 0 width if mp closed in Icons view.
- Changed: simplified the way mp stores and uses data.
mp no longer creates addition files for filtered lists.
- Added: Unavailable filter (filters on the fly, no need to write it).
- Fixed: the icons for favourites now refresh after verifying ROMs.
- Changed: accepts Favorites.ini files from MAME32
/MAME32p. Rename to mp_fav.dat and copy
to the same folder as mp.exe to work.
- Changed: search now searches all sets regardless of what you are currently viewing. Your
current games list will return when there is no text in the search box.
- Added: Joystick saturation slider.
- Changed: verification of a single game will not move the game from the current view if
it does not belong there. It will stay there until the game list view is changed.
- Fixed: MAME
Player losing focus after the MAME
process has finished.
- Removed: Always On Top option (as I can´t seem to replicate mp losing focus after game end,
which is why I added it as a temporary fix (see above Fixed).
- Added: Hide Clones option.
- Moved: Verify ROMs and Select MAME
Executable menu items to Tools.
- Added: and rearranged other misc. menu items.
1.6.2 (test only)
- Fixed: bug in ´romset limit´ (used to re-dimension the list array) after reselecting MAME
(introduced in the last test release).
- Added: Options dialogue remembers last tree node visited (this doesn´t save to mp.ini).
- Changed: Effects file selection method.
- Changed: Input Layout selection method.
- Changed: font for dialogues to Arial (was sans serif).
- Removed: Switch ´The´.
- Changed: Options treeview to branched style.
- Added: ´Open MAME
folder´ under Tools menu.
- Added: ´History version´ under Tools menu.
- Added: GUI
reacts to mouse moves, setting focus accordingly (optional).
- Fixed: known bug in COMCTL32.OCX column header widths saving correctly.
- Changed: close button no longer responds to clicks during Verify ROMs.
- Fixed: GUI
not hiding during the playback of inp files.
- Fixed: coming out of Fullscreen (GUI
) sets always on top to false if already set to true.
- Added: this release comes with an mp.ini to lessen the chance of mp.exe working with
an old mp.ini.
1.6.1 (test only)
- Fixed: game specific context menu issue created during the last release.
- Added: multi-threading to Default Options (Misc.).
- Fixed: now looks for joy_deadzone and if not found, a2d_deadzone.
- Changed: XML is only extracted and parsed if a different MAME
- Changed: rewrote how lists are created.
- Fixed: splitter position not saving correctly.
- Fixed: bug in Play Random Set.
- Added: the non game specific context menu now pops up on right clicking the statusbar and
if you have full row select turned on.
1.6.0 (test only)
- Added: XML3 support. XML3 is shipped with most versions of windows as far as I know.
- Added: ´Year´, ´Manufacturer´ and ´Status´ columns.
- Added: ´Year´, ´Manufacturer´ and ´Status´ Statusbar panels.
1.5.5 (test only)
- Fixed: bug in the statusbar game count.
- Added: Copy to clipboard...Parent.
- Added: popup menu to change the game list (click the statusbar on first panel).
- Changed: Fullscreen is always on top (removed in v1.4.2 due to problems).
- Fixed: Windows taskbar showing in Fullscreen.
- Changed: Menu bar is no longer hidden in Fullscreen (unless its hidden already offcourse).
- Changed: Random game switches to Available list if in Total games list (to avoid running a
game that has failed verification).
- Added: Option to play a avi on startup (default is start.avi) see URL to video on site.
- Fixed: Information not working after verifying a game (if info. pane wasn´t visible).
- Removed: OK and Cancel buttons from Folders dialogue.
- Added: Add Root button to Folders dialogue.
- Changed: Folders dialogue now supports multiple paths for all the search paths.
- Changed: Options dialogue is always modal (on top).
- Replaced: Effects dropdown with a textbox and common dialogue (MRUD is saved).
- Replaced: Input Layout dropdown with a textbox and common dialogue (MRUD is saved).
- Fixed: History not updating when removing a game from favourites.
- Removed: Unavailable list. You can still see what sets aren´t available by the icon type.
- Removed: Option to use history if one is found. Now if one is found, it will be used.
- Changed: Cleaned up much code.
- Added: "Fonts" to Folders dialogue.
- Added: Full mame.ini path to Folders titlebar.
- Fixed: Icons need aligning after Verify ROMs, selecting an exe and changing a ROM folder(s).
- Fixed: Stores game ini files in MAME
root folder if inipath is set to "." alone.
"." = root path, i.e. where the mame
If a mame
ini is in the root and has more than 1 path for the inipath line including ".",
then the first path found starting from left that isn´t "." will be used for game ini files.
If you want MAME
to read a mame.ini in a folder that isn´t in the root path, you need to
delete "." from the Folders dialogue. This is because MAME
will check the root first if "."
is the first path for inipath.
- Fixed: Statusbar view is saved.
- Fixed: Rotation dropdown saves correctly.
- Changed: Total games list is now shown after first run and reselecting a MAME
Available games will show after changing a ROM folder or Verifying ROMs.
- Fixed: Now handles ".;otherpaths" for individual game ini files.
The last path after ".;" will be used for individual game inis.
- Changed: Folders dialogue now saves multiple ini paths like MAME
- Fixed: Icons not aligning correctly after applying Switch "The".
- Fixed: Icons not aligning correctly when using search filter.
- Added: Delete button to individual game options which deletes .ini
- Moved: Refresh menu item from View to Options.
- Renamed: ´Refresh´ menu item to ´Verify ROMs´ and removed F5 shortcut.
- Changed: Various other menu items.
- Added: current view to game list counter (statusbar).
- Fixed: Icons not aligning correctly after changing game list (e.g. from All to Favourites).
- Changed: Options dialogue to support new renderer MAME
- Fixed: crash when tray icon is right clicked when no games are in the list.
- Changed: program will now exit if a mame
executable is not selected at startup.
- Added: search (on toolbar) which filters the current games in view.
- Added: Parent set column.
- Changed: Status bar now displays directory and parent (handy
when not in details view).
- Fixed: Crash when Font dialogue was loaded (if no printer installed).
- Removed: ´set not found in history database´ message.
- Fixed: Main menu and context menu items (show/hide statusbar) not in sync.
- Fixed: Show/hide tray didn´t work if set from Interface Options within context and tray menu.
- Added: F11 shortcut - toggles Fullscreen interface (games list).
- Changed: Escape no longer exits Full Screen Interface.
- Changed: View Menu Bar shortcut from Ctrl+M to Ctrl+U.
- Added: Play Random Set (File menu).
- Added: Optimised history.dat usage.
- Added: Added separate option for Always On Top (you might like this if mp keeps going into the
background after MAME
- Removed: project no longer uses MSCOMCTL.OCX; it uses COMCTL32.OCX instead. More controls
will be Xp themed if you use the manifest file.
- Changed: column header icons (arrows) now show on the right of the text.
- Added: available and unavailable list icons.
- Fixed: automatic highlighting of last game selected to find exactly and not partially.
- Removed: Quick scan, which basically checked for filenames only.
- Added: more font options, statusbar etc.
- Added: toggle tooltips.
- Added: Open Online URL to mp.ini (can be changed to preferred online database).
- Added: individual game options (mouse menu...Game Options [setname]).