Version 1.3.4 (2006-11-1
* For a first time boot with FreeDOS, DOSEMU now boots without any user
interaction, and presents a welcome screen. Drive Z: is now a read-only
drive with all the DOSEMU and FreeDOS support files.
* Clarified the copyrights and replaced some code with unclear origins.
The disclaimer acceptance has been weakened.
* Added native 64-bit support for x86-64, which, similarly to the 32-bit
version, uses CPU emulation for V86 mode, and runs DPMI code natively.
Most of the code is now 64-bit clean but a few cases may not work yet.
* The CPUEMU simulator is now a runtime option, activated via
$_cpuemu="vm86sim", or $_cpuemu="fullsim". Improved correctness of
* Added a $_cdrom option for runtime configuration of the CD-ROM device.
* Added an internal *CDEX style CD-ROM driver, activated using LREDIR, for
use with CD-ROMs that are mounted in Linux. The default autoexec.bat
uses this to set drive E: to a CD-ROM.
* Implemented support for Unicode fonts for $_X_font, so you can for
instance use the univga font or
* Use $_lpt1, $_lpt2, and $_lpt3 for printer configuration.
* The SDL
plugin now supports text copy and paste, and X fonts.
* It is now possible to point $_vbootfloppy, $_floppy_a etc. to directories
and boot from them.
* Improved real time clock support with a periodic IRQ generator
* Improved PCI emulation on the console, with $_pci=(auto).
* Improved the internal XMS driver.
* Various DPMI and VGAEMU fixes.
* The dosemu script is compatible with the minimal shell dash.
* You can now directly see and manipulate DOS file attributes on Lredir´ed
Linux-mounted (V)FAT partitions, when using recent 2.6 kernels.
* DOSEMU´s stack is no longer marked executable which may improve security.