Enhancement over Beta 1.0
- GUS sound card working properly.
- Sound stuttering reduced.
- Support for newer games that use mouse interrupt (instead of mouse polling). However, need to do mouse alignment (see below).
- Graceful exit on errors, with a popup window to display error message instead of just crash silently. Don´t need pocket console to catch error message.
- Soft Keypad button-blink lockups eliminated.
- PPC navigation buttons can be used to display different toolbars (left/righ buttons), and to popup/popdown the scrolling keypad (up/down buttons). Don´t need to scroll when popped up.
- A simple frontend to detect screen size, CPU type and clock speed, and screen orientation.
- DOS memory allocation (memsize) can be set to auto which will attempt to allocation as much as possible (up to 8MB) without crashing.
- Simplified config file - now truly works out-of-the-box with the auto-detection done by the frontend.
- Emulated CPU cycles automatically increased accordingly when sound is disable. (only when cycles = auto)
- Sound is automatically disabled if a low end PPC (ARM <400 MHZ) is detected.
- Support DOS memory size of up to 8MB on a fairly clean PPC easily (except for the newer X50V which can only manage 7MB due to its inherent fragmentation of memory)
can be started in either portrait or landscape mode.
- Support for all ARM (including XScale) devices.
- Delete all Beta 1.0 files before installing Beta 2.0.
- Please read the text documentation in the config file.
- Please install pDOSBox
manually via "Start Menu" (see readme.txt in the zip file)
- Do not install pocket console.
- Do not run pDOSBox
with a virtual display driver or SE_VGA activated.
- Do not rename the install files.
- Do not delete the files in the "data" directory