· RSS News-syndication Deutsch
· News-Banner (JPG)

Friends
· Emu-France
· progetto-SNAPS
· EmuBit.pl
· PDRoms

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
step1978Offline
Titel: Diverse: GameEx 5.23  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.11.2005, 08:50 Uhr
News Scout

GameEx ein multi Frontend für Windows wurde erneut aktualisiert.

GameEx is a graphical DirectX based front-end for MAME, Zinc, Daphne, PC Games, and all command line based game emulators.

* OK, the new working of show desktop was not working for everyone so I´ve reverted back an tried a new approach.
* There´s a new display setting to hide the desktop. With this setting on when in full screen mode GameEx will hide the desktop ICONS, and set the Wallpaper to tiled black. This is a much better approach, and assuming you have no other apps open, the transition to apps and emulators that need the show desktop setting should be normally seamless.
* I also modified the wait before keys setting to be used even if no keys are specified, as HideOS.exe is not closed until this timer has passed.
* Therefore to load Visual Pinball seamlessly set this setting to about 8000 (8 seconds)
* Fixed: text and layout now resizes correctly when going from windowed to full screen.
* Fixed: Snap and background videos now show and reload when changing Windowed/Full screen.
* Just to clear up things about .net framework 2.0. GameEx does not use version 2.0 (yet). You should install 1.1.
* Microsoft seem to be creating a bit of a dll hell situation with the different versions. If you have version 1.0 installed, Windows Update will give you the option to download 2.0 only. Where GameEx runs on 1.1 with support for 1.0
* .net 2.0 if installed broke GameEx previously even though GameEx will only use 1.0 or 1.1. The update was to fix this issue and make GameEx work if you happen to download it from Windows Update or use it for other apps. Installing .net framework 2.0 will not improve or affect anything in GameEx in any way (at the moment)
* Everyone finds this very confusing, and MS does not seem to attempt to make this better understood. They often don´t tell you at face value even if your using a beta version, or provide good versioning information for Beta versions, but still encourage you to download them.
* I do plan on starting to use Visual Studio 2005, and I will be upgrading GameEx to use Visual Studio 2005 and .net framework 2.0 in the future once I have some reserve cash to buy the development suite, and I see some benefit in upgrading.

Related links:

[ Diverse / Misc Emus ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 
AEP Emulation Page 1998 - 2024