· RSS News-syndication Deutsch
· News-Banner (JPG)

Friends
· Emu-France
· progetto-SNAPS
· EmuBit.pl
· PDRoms

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
step1978Offline
Titel: NeoGeoCD: NeoRaine 1.4.0  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.01.2013, 13:58 Uhr
News Scout

Der Neo-Geo CD Emulator NeoRaine, auf Basis des Arcade Emulators Raine, wurde aktualisiert.

The Neo-Geo CD emulator NeoRaine based on the arcade emulator Raine has been updated.

Zitat:
neoraine (1.4.0) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

* opengl driver which becomes the default driver for raine/neoraine

-- Emmanuel Anne Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:41:29 +0100

neoraine (1.3.5-4) unstable; urgency=low

* optimized build
* restoration of the scanlines
* -bpp command line option

-- Emmanuel Anne Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:41:05 +0100

Wow !
I have been thinking for years about an opengl driver for raine, but I never had enough time/motivation to learn opengl and I sometimes still hope that someone else would write this stuff... which never happens of course !
Anyway, it´s finally done ! It´s amazingly small actually, it´s the easiest approach : 2d in opengl, but opengl is very good for that too. Thanks go to the author of the "opengl superbible 4th edition", a very well written book where I got all I needed for this...
Actually from version 1.0 opengl has supported all this stuff, so it should work on any machine with an opengl driver, I even tested this on an old 2007 laptop with an intel 945 graphics card inside and it worked fine. It´s fast enough, on my main pc I reach around 1200-1400 fps for bublbobl fullscreen (1680x1050) ! The fun part is that this driver could be much faster, most of the functions used by raine like sprites with transparency, zooming, rotation and even the weird stencil buffer used for the priorities of a few games can all be done with hardware accelerated opengl functions, but it would take much more time so it won´t be for this time.

Windows gets a new default rendering driver for this (windib), you can find more info about that here, but most people should probably keep the default setting. For those who were using normal blits before this version you´ll have to go to the video options to choose opengl instead. You´ll see the video options dialog has changed quite a bit... There are some minor changes like an optional opengl overlay interface which is enabled by default, but all the changes are around opengl this time. It´s a change big enough to motivate such a change in the version numbers though !
The gui could be improved to render in opengl too, but it will be for another time too, it would take too much time for now.
It might become handy for the consoles which render only in opengl too one day...

Allright, enough talk, go grab this one from the downloads area and leave a message in the forum!

Ah also for once I took the time to update the linux packages, so all the binaries are up to date now

Related links:
[ Neo-Geo CD Emus ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 
AEP Emulation Page 1998 - 2024