3 February 2010:
0.1 Alpha is out now!
It has been over a year, since the last version of Dxbx
has been released. Also it has been over a year since the last post here on the website.
Now its time for the big news flash !! A new release !!!
A lot of progress has been made last year and a lot of new features are included. No more dll
copyt hell to the game folder, the new xbe loader feature reads xbe files instead of converting them into exe files. Also a new XBEExplorer tool has been introduced, like a PE Header viewer for xbe files.
Changelog, this changelog has been implemented from version 0.0.9. So the changes from version 0.0.8 and below are not documented.
version 0.1 Alpha:
- A lot of Cxbx
functions have been translated.
- Loading games, will display the game logo in the mainform, these can also be exported like the logo.
- Xbe eplorer has been created for more and better xbe information.
- Xdk tracker has a full list of alot of games with there xdk numbers.
( remember, when games are working, close xdk range games are probably also working ).
- No need to copy the dll
`s to the game folders, the new xbe loader fix the dll
- XDKTracker can read xbe files for import xdk information.
- Support recent opened xbe files.
supports drag-n-drop of .xbe files, generating a .exe in one go.
generates a working relocation table now.
- Made a start with cxbxkrnl.dll implementation.
- Enough of Cxbx
setup code has been translated to let actual Xbe code be executed(!)
- Updated to AlphaSkin version v5.45 and removed the hard dependancy on it.
- Made a start with documentation.
- Made stubs for all 378 Kernel API stubs, including their most probable signature
- Separated the Kernel API stubs over different source files, to ease paralel development
Do you want you copy of the new 0.1 Alpha release, then check the DxbxSourceforge
link - Dxbxsourceforge