May 14, 2005
- New CRTC Type 0 emulation based on code by Richard Wilson. The good:
the new emulation is much closer to what the hardware does. The bad:
the new code is not yet optimized, still has some bugs, and due to the
higher accuracy is quite a bit slower than the old CRTC emulation...
- Stephane contributed code to render the CPC screen in a variety of
different modes, e.g. scanlines, doubled, half size, Super Eagle,
, TV 2x and several OpenGL
options. See README.txt for the
- Modified the sound playback code. When sound is enabled, the emulator
timing is now based on when the next sound buffer is ready.
- Completely new keyboard code to support different international
layouts and the mapping of the CPC keys to them. Eventually the key
assignments (CPC keys _and_ emulator functions) will be user definable
via the GUI
- Return of the joystick emulation via the keyboard. Can be enabled
(and disabled) via CTRL+F8; replaces Z, X and the cursor keys with the
joystick fire buttons and directions respectively.
- Added support for ROM slots 0 and 1 - kudos to Anthony Jordan for
pointing out that they should be user definable too!