Release Name: JMEBoy 1.3.1
The jar archive contains the compiled code of the JMEBoy project. The jad file contains a decription of the contents of the jar file and is needed on some devices.
This release is only for usage on mobile devices supporting J2ME with MIDP 2.0.
After uploading the jar file to your mobile device, you should be able to run the emulator. On some devices the jad file is also required to be transferred to the mobile device.
You may optionally execute the following steps to include Gameboy programs into the archive, prior to transferring it to the mobile device:
- Rename the .jar file replacing the .jar by a .zip
- Add the Gameboy ROMs (.gbc,.gb,.cgb) you want to be able to run to the programs folder and add these programs to the programs.txt file.
- Rename the archive replacing the .zip by a .jar
If your device supports the FileConnection API, then you may omit this step and instead transfer the programs to the file system of your mobile device and use the "Search Programs" menu entry to make these programs available to the emulator.
In case that you modify the jar archive as described above, you may not use the downloaded jad file as the file size information it contains is then incorrect!
The javadoc zip file is meant for those who are interested in the class structure of the application, i.e. rather developers than end users.
If you would like to support this project, please donate at https://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=219240
1.3.1 (based on rev. 289)
- removed sample rate setting
- solved the problem that in Pokemon Gold/Crystal/Silver there were graphics bugs when displaying the PokeCom/PokeDex (bug IDs 2506984 and 2373340)
- some corrections to MBC5 cartridge handling
- implemented allowing users to cancel the Assign Keys dialog or to skip keys (feature request 2791256)
- refer to the project page in the About dialog