bsnes v0.044 released 2009-04-19
This release adds full SA-1
support, with no known issues. All 26 games have been tested by myself and others, and a few have been beaten from start to finish. The latter include Super Mario RPG, Kirby´s Dreamland 3, Kirby Super Star and Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius.
Please understand that the SA-1
is essentially four times faster than the SNES
´ main CPU, so system requirements will be very high for these games. For example, on an E8400 @ 3.0GHz, I average ~160fps in ordinary games. But for SA-1
emulation, this drops to ~90fps, with the worst case being ~80fps.
The following features are emulated:
* 5a22 CPU core (bus-cycle accurate)
* Memory access timing
-> S-CPU interrupts (IRQ
+ CHDMA IRQ
* S-CPU ->SA-1
+ Timer IRQ
+ DMA IRQ
* SIV / SNV interrupt vector selection
* Timer unit (linear and H/V)
* Super MMC unit (ROM + BW-RAM)
* BS-X flash cart slot mapping
* Normal DMA
* Character-conversion 1 DMA (2bpp + 4bpp + 8bpp)
* Character-conversion 2 DMA (2bpp + 4bpp + 8bpp)
* BW-RAM virtual bitmap mode (2bpp + 4bpp)
* Arithmetic unit (multiplication + division + cumulative sum)
* Variable-length bit processing (fixed and auto increment)
While the following features are not currently emulated, mostly due to lack of information:
bus conflict delays
* Write protection (BW-RAM + I-RAM)
CPU priority for DMA transfers
* DMA access timing
Thanks once again to tukuyomi for hosting this release.
v0.043 cancelled 2009-04-18
Immediately after uploading v043, multiple bugs are spotted. How annoying. I´m going to pull and skip v043, sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully expect v044 soon.