19th July, 2012 - GameEx
* New setting to enable or disable automatic artwork and video download for if you want to do your own thing.
* Fixes some audio issues.
17th July, 2012 - GameEx
12.72 - 12.75
* Faster initial loading of Jukebox when using file audio tags. Fixes for automatic emumovies download.
16th July, 2012 - GameEx
* MP3, OGG, and AIF audio files are now supported for theme sound files.
* The database engine has been moved from MS Access to SQLite. There are new emulator databases available in the new format and game data and movie databases will be upgraded to SQLite on first run of this version. Access .mdb files are still backwards compatible for game databases.
* Automatic download of artwork and videos via emumovies. If GameEx
can login it will automatically download. Snaps, Titles, Marquees, Cabinets, Boxes and Carts along with MP4 videos. For free EmuMovies users screenshots will be downloaded and EmuMovies has generously allowed snaps to only count towards a quarter of the daily usage limit.
* For registered users experimental support for running on Linux and Mac under Wine
. In addition an experimental Mac OS X package is available on the download page. It is experimental and features have been removed. GameEx
and the install package will detect if running under wine
and act accordingly. Wine
- Mono is required and it will also run under the official .net framework 2 SP 1. The Mac package runs out of the box. There are no prior requirements. Just unzip and launch. It has Wine
and Wine-Mono built in.It is hoped eventually a native version will be released running under MONO only.
* Audio tag reading has beem improved.
30th June, 2012 - GameEx
* This release contains two new plugins.
* PlugInLaunch by HeadSoft and Adultery and a new Xpadder plugin also by Adultery.
* Many thanks guys.
13th June, 2012 - GameEx
* Fixes font issue and GameEx
exiting after selecting a theme.
8th June, 2012 - GameEx
* Fixes list update for latest MAME
version and excludes devices from list.