ioquake3 1.36 is here!
Go get it as a package for your system, or a source zip file/tarball. Check out your options for help if you run into a problem. If you find any bugs, please search bugzilla, and then report them!
voipHave a look at the list of improvements that have gone into this release:
* Ports to new platforms
* Off-server data downloads (http redirection) via HTTP and FTP with cURL
* OpenAL sound rendering allowing for surround (5.1 and 7.1) speaker layouts and generally improved sound
quality. Especially on the Windows Vista Operating System.
* Ogg Vorbis audio decoding.
* In-engine VOIP support, with optional Mumble player-location support.
* IPV6 Networking. We’re ready to frag on the net of the future!
backend for the OpenGL
context, window management, and input. This also improves portability.
* Anaglyph stereo rendering (for viewing with 3D glasses)
* Full x86-64 architecture support
* Rewritten PowerPC
JIT compiler, with ppc64 support
* New SPARC JIT compiler, with support for both sparc32 and sparc64
* Compilation with MinGW
and cross-compilation for Windows from Linux
* Improved console command auto-completion
* Persistent console command history
* Improved QVM (Quake Virtual Machine) tools
* Colored terminal output on POSIX operating systems
* GUID System
* Multiuser support on Windows systems (user-specific game data is stored in their respective Application Data folders)
* PNG format support for textures
* Numerous security fixes
If you’re interested in following more updates with ioquake3, follow our twitter feed , and please do digg/reddit/slashdot this post! Please!
Join us on our forums, mailing lists, irc, etc at the discussion page!
Write just about anything about ioquake3 on the wiki!
Talk with us on our mumble server at mumble.ioquake3.org
Thanks again to everyone who has made this a spectacular release. What do you want to see in the future of ioquake3? 4-Player Split-Screen? Let us know in the comments.