byuu hat wieder eine neue Version seines SNES Emulators bsnes veröffentlicht.
A new version of the SNES emulator bsnes has been released.
This release adds support for the SNES
mouse, Super Scope and Justifier peripherals. It also simplifies cartridge loading and refines the user interface. Lastly, GZ and ZIP archives can now contain non-ANSI characters (Chinese, Japanese, Russian, ...) This support existed in the last release for all uncompressed files. Together, this means only JMA support on Windows lacks support for loading non-ANSI filenames. This is due to the library itself (really, it´s more Windows´ fault), and licensing issues prevent me from patching libjma as I did with zlib
is not GPL compatible.) I´m planning to work with Nach to fix this in a future release.
About the cartridge loading changes ... the emulator now determines what kind of cartridge is being loaded (eg normal, BS-X BIOS, Sufami Turbo cart, etc) by looking inside the file itself. If it detects a cart type that requires more than one ROM image to load, it will present you with the appropriate specialized load menu automatically. Aside from being more intuitive, this method also allows loading of BS-X and Sufami Turbo games from the command-line or via file association.
- added mouse support to DirectInput and SDL input drivers
- up to 96 buttons per controller; 8 buttons per mouse (5 per mouse on Linux) can be mapped now
- added SNES mouse support (does not support speed setting yet)
- added Super Scope support
- added Justifier support (supports both Justifiers)
- input management system almost completely rewritten to support new controllers
- "Load Special" menu removed, all cart loading merged to "Load Cartridge ..." option
- replaced "Power Cycle" and "Unload Cartridge" with "Power" -> "On" / "Off"
- when video exceeds screen size and is scaled down, aspect ratio is now maintained [Ver Greeneyes]
- zlib modified to support non-ANSI characters
- cheat code count was limited to 1,024 codes before; it now supports unlimited codes per game
- added sort by description setting for cheat code list
- polished listbox control interaction (disable buttons when nothing selected, etc)
- cleaned up OBC-1 chip emulation (code is functionally identical to v036)
- added option to toggle fullscreen mode to settings menu
- added advanced mode options to toggle base unit (none, Satellaview) and system region (Auto-detect, NTSC, PAL)
[ SNES Emus ][ SNES Infos ][ Nintendo Infos ]