version 5.3 change log - January 26, 2008
* Clone games not showing in the list when using grouped view mode and "show available only " or "show missing only" filters
* This fix will show parent games in the list one way or another, so clones can be shown
* Access violation when trying to delete .zip games while game is set as missing (MAME
* Driver status info in "game details" screen was not showing for all systems
.dat files info not being restored on restart
* Input playback / record was not working
* Add games to hidden list not working... also fixed re-select item if feature is enabled
* Re-select item after deleting games from favorites lists
* Random game button is finally fixed
* Also, added a timer of 03 seconds. If no game is chosen by then, the first visible game on the list is selected... to prevent front-end from freezing when games list is too small
* System nodes still showing when they shouldn´t (system view mode)
* Game name not being reset when no games are selected
* Threaded timer was not being stopped in some operations (splash screen)
* Entries not being properly handled in scan result files (.miss)
* 10 seconds delay when running emulators in some systems
* Support for the new MAME
image format "gamename\0000.png" is reduced to the first 2 image types (title snapshots / game snapshots). All other image types will only use the old format "full_gamename0000.png"
* "Emu Loader
image format (fullgamename0000.png) is always enabled now, and the new MAME
format is optional. Removed the setting from "Images" main menu
* -> Folder: "
** "image_07_gameartwork" to "image_08_gameartwork"; "image_08_maws" to "image_09_maws"; "filterarcade_10_aae.ico" to "filterarcade_09_aae.ico"; "filterarcade_09_mjolnir.ico" to "filterarcade_06_mjolnir.ico"
* Game details screen remade
* Moved Mjolnir from 8th to 3rd system in the list
* Playback / record input files are now read/written inside a game sub-folder
* You only need to set the main folder for the inp files and EL will add the game name sub-folder automatically (just the way the savestate feature works)
* ROMs/CHDs marked as "nodump" are never checked and will be marked as valid since games can run even when they are missing (mainly for MAME
* Format of "sysname_roms.el" files are changed. ROM size info is removed since it´s never used by the front-end when scanning the games list
* Frame box label of image types folder selection show all possible file formats for each type (preferences screen, "Images" tab)
* Code optimizations and removal of some unused functions / variables
* Status bar "game name" label now show "gamename [parent_gamename]"
* Select item function is a lot faster and its implementation is 100% ghost-safe
* Reduced image filters to 3 states: "off", "Linear" and "Lanczos"
* Status bar panels: "game size"; "current favorite profile"
* Status bar icons and customization
* - Folder: "
** "statusbar_game_size_emu.ico"; "statusbar_game_size_zip.ico"; "emu_pinmame.ico"; "filterarcade_06_pinmame.ico"; "unzipfile.ico"
* - Folder: "
** "PinMAMEParent.ico"; "PinMAMEClone.ico"; "PinMAMEBios.ico"; "UnPinMAMEParent.ico"; "UnPinMAMEClone.ico"; "UnPinMAMEBios.ico"
* - Folder: "
* - Folder: "
system is gone...
* ROMs list from game details screen. Not much useful...
* ROM size info from "sysname_roms.el" file. EL never check ROM sizes anyway (you´ll need to re-create all your games lists...)
* Game size info is gone. Wanna know a game´s size ? Go to MAWS for that info
* Setting "Display Zip Error Messages" since the new zip library does not open the file if there are errors
* "No Games Available" when games list is empty (unnecessary screenshot)
* PCB image type added back
* -> folder: ´
* Some emulator settings for Daphne
. Also added support for laserdisc players other then the "Virtual" type (preferences screen, Emulators tab)
version 5.2.1 change log - January 18, 2008
* No need to select a game in the main list to edit left panel filters
* Left panel´s node height fixed to 18 pixels (same as games list with 16x16 icons)
* Main menu / popup menus not loading / using custom themes (preferences screen)