MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
tylz0122u5red [Zsolt Vasvari]
stadhero0122u3gre [Zsolt Vasvari]
stadhero0122u3ora [Zsolt Vasvari]
newui0118u4ora [Atari Ace]
mpatrol0117u2gre [Aaron Giles
realbrk0111u4gra [Brian Troha]
schmisr0111u5gra [Brian Troha, partial fix]
penbros0111u5gra [Brian Troha]
ninjakd2_0111u3gra [Nicola Salmoria
mnight0102gre [Nicola Salmoria
toki060gre [robiza, Corrado Tomaselli]
Added internal divider on m680* series CPUs (except the original
m6800). Updated clocks on all games using them to remove the explicit
divider. [Aaron Giles
Reverted experimental D3D fix, since it breaks switchres.
dkong updates: [couriersud]
* fix dkong sound following Clock Divider update
* updated to use XTAL_*
* revert a change after sound regression in dkong.
i8085.c updates: [couriersud]
* 8085 has an internal clock divider by 2. Changed i8085.c to reflect
this for I8085. I8080 still at 1.
* Changed driver clocks to reflect internal clock divider
* Added some FIXME: comments where clocks for I8085 are outside specs
Space Fighter Mark II: [Zsolt Vasvari]
- Changed year to 1979 as per Guru´s contact
- Renamed set 2 ROMs to allow merging
- Removed experimental code left in there
phoenix.c updates: [couriersud]
* Modified I8085 clock
* Added dip locations
* consolidated inputs
* tagged inputs
* combined memory maps
* fixed sound issue related to (auto) save states
pleiads updates: [couriersud]
* video timing from schematics
* palette from schematics (resnet.h)
* no more colortable
survival updates: [couriersud]
* palette from schematics (resnet.h)
Removed bogus (bad) dump of Heated Barrel US set 2. [Brian Troha]
RSP Changes: [SGINut, Nicola Salmoria
, Ville Linde
- Initialize RSP registers to 0 in lieu of mame_rand
- Re-fix RSP single-stepping mode when set by another CPU
- Reading the RSP PC returns only the least significant 12 bits
- Fixed flag behavior when read out via CFC2
- Fixed RSP VRCP instruction to match the real hardware results
- Corrected VRCP element lookup
- Corrected unaligned DMA behavior
Removed all palette_X_r functions in favor of direct RAM reads.
Removed no longer applicable assert from VIDEO_START(generic). Removed
VIDEO_START(generic) from drivers that didn´t need it. Removed
MDRV_VIDEO_START(generic_bitmapped) from drivers that don´t need it.
Made detection of dynamic attempts to install ROM/RAM handlers more
aggressive. Previous checks would not catch modifications in
DRIVER_INIT or MACHINE_START calls. Fixed a number of cases of
incorrect usage throughout the drivers. [Aaron Giles
Changed one of the cheat calls back to using more generic switch
detection so they can be triggered via joysticks. [Aaron Giles
Renamed sauro.c sp0256 internal rom to "sp0256-al2.bin".
Removed BAD_DUMP flag from it as well. [couriersud]
Marked HD6309 as divide-by-4 internally. Updated drivers accordingly.
Major cleanup to the ddragon driver: [Aaron Giles
- improved video and interrupt timing
- consolidated common memory maps and input ports
- added save state support
- correct clocks
blktiger.c updates: [couriersud]
* combines memory maps
* input ports were tagged
* all reads use input port tags
* added dip switch locations from Romstar manual
Added all known variants of the tms5110 as proper chips. Updated
dkong, cvs and scramble to use new chips. [couriersud]
Converted atarifb.c to tilemaps. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Switched namcos11/namcos12 over to memory_configure_bank /
memory_set_bank. Simplified golgo 13 gun reading. [smf]
mpatrol driver cleanup [Aaron Giles
- merged memory maps
- complete memory map
- correct video timing
- correct CPU clocks
- replaced protection hack with actual implementation
- cleaned up inputs
Added tilemap_get_scrollx / tilemap_get_scrolly. [Nicola Salmoria
Preserve fractional part of sample offset when looping in SCSP. Fixes
remaining pitch stability problems. Fixed minor issue with timers
B&C expiring. [kingshriek, R. Belmont
auto_malloc() once again actually fails when out of memory.
Switched zn.c to use MDRV_IMPORT_FROM. [smf]
mario.c changes: [couriersud]
* removed all traces to video/generic.h
* fix flipscreen issue with autosave
* on a hires pcb picture, verified resistor and capacitor values
Added dip locations to Real Break. Filled in a couple of dips for the
Pachinko Gindama Shoubu games. [Brian Troha]
Fixed invalid memory_install_*_handler calls in drivers/williams.c.
Emulated external OR circuit for all drivers using the PIA chip. This
used to be internal to the PIA emulation, but, in fact, this is
external logic. The PIA has two seperate INTA and INTB out lines.
This fixes at least PlayBall. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Added the ability to the HC55516 emulator to take an external
osciallator. Updated Mouse Trap to use the new interface.
Cleaned up and merged ninjakd2, mnight and omegaf drivers into a
single driver. Additionally: [Nicola Salmoria
- added flip screen support to all games
- fixed sprite overdraw mode:
- ninjakd2 congratulations screen (e.g. stage 3) shows japanese
characters which were previously missing
- in ninjakd2, at the beginning of a level items are visible
during the initial fade in. I´m not sure if this is correct
but the other effects wouldn´t work otherwise
- in mnight attract mode, when the big ship is firing the other
sprites no longer leave trails
- in mnight at the end of a level the screen is slowly filled
with balls and then slowly cleared to begin the following
level. Same effect in the death sequence during attract mode.
- added proper computation of sprites to be drawn taking into
account double size sprites. This fixes sticking shots in mnight
without need for a hack.
- lowered ninjakd2 PCM playback rate to 13020 (from 16000). This
seems to sound better and is a round division from one of the
- removed ROM patch that was used to avoid the input protection in
omegaf, added a rough but effective protection simulation.
- corrected some dip switches
- hooked up sound cpu reset line
- simplified ROM loading for the older games swizzling address lines
in driver init.
Added MDRV_SOUND_ROUTE_EX to specify target input channel. Added
input id to route struct. Fixed DISCRETE_INPUT_STREAM and added input
channel # to DISCRETE_INPUT_STREAM. [couriersud]
Fixed default debugger memory view width for CPUs with >byte-sized
minimum. Made menu updating dynamic at click time, fixing issues with
incorrect checkmarks. [Aaron Giles
Fixed Ninja Kuna. Cleaned up memory maps. Renamed files to ninjakun.c.
Added MC3417 and MC3418 variants to the HC55516 sound emulation.
Changed Mouse Trap to use MC3417. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed saving i8085 callbacks across a reset. Added ´pull´ callback for
the SID pin. This is needed by the Red Alert voice board.
Made the text displayed by the various UI sliders more intelligent.
Basically, it will only print an index for an item if there are
multiple of a given type. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Updated jailbrek clocks and video timing based on measurements.
Fixed i8051 timers from firing when not enabled. Checking TCON alone
is not enough to invoke timers. Added IE SFR flags in conditional.
Added a _CALL variant to all prototype macros. The use of these
should make it easier to change the signiture of these functions in
the future. Replaced existing calls with macro where appropriate.
Removed VIDEO_START_CALL(generic) from all drivers not needing it,
which were all of them. Removed VIDEO_START_CALL(generic_bitmapped)
from jpmimpct. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Changed YM2203 clock in stfight to 3MHz (compared against OST)
Improved linear zoom effect resolution to address gaps in CPS3
Rewrote and modernized the redalert driver: [Zsolt Vasvari]
- correct colors -- in places different from the manual´s description,
but matches the flyer perfectly
- added speech
- fixed AY-8910 sounds
- odds and ends
- corrected colors in Demoneye-X
- added some sound to Demoneye-X
- marked Demoneye-X it NOT_WORKING, due to the (still) missing 3rd
gfx layer that makes it impossible to pass the 2nd level.
Added all the known Naomi
BIOS dumps along with descriptions and
information about region bytes & version numbers. [Brian Troha]
Removed the freely distributable Exidy games´ dependency on Berzerk.
Added support for the BLX opcode in ARM7 THUMB mode. [SGINut]
Verified DIP locations from manuals for scramble and 800fath.
Changed S14001A emulator to allow setting the clock frequency instead
of the clock multiplier. This is how the real chip works. Changed the
Berzerk driver to set the S14001A clock as per the schematics.
Removed the use of the global Machine from a number of places in the
code. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed issues flagged by MSVC warning C4305 (type truncation). Almost
all of these are harmless double->float narrowing in initializers, but
one warning spotlighted a bug in segasyse.c, where code to use a
higher sprite number had no effect due to the insufficient range of
UINT8. [Atari Ace]
Removed /wd4550 for VS7/VS71 compilers (expression evaluates to a
function which is missing an argument list). Fixed some VS7-specific
issues (OPTIMIZE=0 at least compiles now). [Atari Ace]
Added a missing case statement in sm8500d.c, noticed while reviewing
dead code warnings. [Atari Ace]
Corrected Diet gogo h6280 clock so that it behaves correctly with
fix to the cpu core. Verified and corrected
frequencies and pin 7 okim6295 on the following games:
The new zealand story (3 z80
version), Trio The punch, Vandyke,
paradise.c games, Downtown, Shaolin´s Road and Twins.
Removed all peplus memory hacks and game specific DRIVER_INIT. There
are now just two DRIVER_INIT, one for normal boards and one for
superboards. Temporarily disabled AutoHold Cheat but documented
addresses for future update. [Jim Stolis]
Added further unencrypted opcodes to risky challenge. The game now
boots with the intro animation. [robiza]
New clones added
Jokers Wild Poker (PP0065) [Jim Stolis]
Double Down Stud Poker (PP0250) [Jim Stolis]
Standard Draw Poker (PP0447) [Jim Stolis]
Night Stocker (set 2) [Andrew Gardner
Trivial Pursuit (Genus I) (set 2) [Andrew Gardner