3.9 to 3.9.1: (August 21, 2013)
* Note: because of TIA/6502
changes, the state file format has changed
again, and old state files will not work with this release.
* Several bugfixes and improvements to the debugger:
- Improved display of debugger when using larger video modes. There
are now three font sizes, which are automatically selected when
the debugger is sized accordingly. When using larger fonts, the
extra space is now used more efficiently.
- Fixed bug in disassembly when the mirror used for the current
PC didn´t match the mirror for the current bank. In this case,
the disassembler became confused and didn´t properly track the
- Fixed bug in display of current TIA frame number in the UI;
depending on how breakpoints were set, it was sometimes off by
- Fixed RAM widget Search/Compare textboxes; entering any data and
then pressing ´Enter´ / clicking ´OK´ locked the UI until exiting
and re-entering the debugger.
- Changed display for various TIA position counters to decimal
(from hex) in the TIA tab. Related to this, all data input
widgets in the UI now have the ability to enter binary,
decimal or hex values by using the proper leading character
(, #, $, respectively).
- Added ´INTIM Clks´ to the ´I/O´ tab. which shows the number of
clocks between each ´step´ of the INTIM timer.
- Added ability to modify ´tiadriven´ commandline argument to the
´TIA´ tab, and ´ramrandom´ to the ´I/O´ tab. These options were
available for quite some time, but they weren´t exposed in the UI.
- Added ´cpurandom´ commandline argument, and associated UI item
to the ´I/O´ tab. This works similar to ´ramrandom´, and
randomizes the contents of the CPU registers on ROM startup.
- Added ´uhex´ debugger prompt command, which toggles all
hexadecimal display between upper/lower case. This setting is
also saved in the settings file as argument ´dbg.uhex´.
- Removed ´loadsym´ command from the debugger prompt, since the
DASM symbol file is always loaded anyway, making the command
redundant. Related to this, fixed loading symbols with
###.name convention; the leading number is now stripped.
- Added support for DASM lst files (created with the -l option).
For now, the contents are only partially used, to detect
constants vs. symbolic addresses in the symbol file. Eventually,
further information from the lst file may be used.
- The GRPx and PFx registers in the TIA output now show inactive
background pixels as either blanked or with the underlying object
colour, instead of always being black. This gives a more accurate
representation of how the registers are actually drawn onscreen.
Thanks to Tjoppen of AtariAge for this idea and sample code.
- The ´Source Address´ locations for the CPU registers now show
labels where appropriate.
* Renamed ´Override properties´ dialog (accessible from the ROM
launcher by a right-mouse-button click) to ´Power-on options´, with
the following new options:
- Set start-up state for both joysticks as well as console select/
reset buttons. Related to this, added ´holdjoy01´ and ´holdjoy1´
commandline arguments, and removed ´holdbutton0´ argument.
- The ability to load the ROM directly from this dialog, after
changing any settings, and also to start in the debugger.
- Added more detailed information as to how to use this
functionality to the UI.
- Buttons held down are reset approx. 0.5 seconds after starting
the ROM, to simulate pressing and releasing the buttons on a
* Fixed bug when using event remapping; changes were being saved only
when launching a ROM from the launcher, not in standalone mode.
* Improved bankswitch autodetection for newer EF and EFSC ROMs
generated by batari Basic, thanks to RevEng of AtariAge.
* Added properties database info for "Princess Rescue" ROM.
* For the Linux/UNIX port:
- Fixed bug whereby a maximize button was always present in the
window title bar. Stella
could not be expanded in this way,
so the button was removed.
- Added Startup notification protocol patch to the .desktop
file from Dan Fandrich.
* Updated included PNG library to latest stable version.