Post subject: Atari 5200: Atari800 v3.0.0
Posted: Mar 09, 2013 - 11:01 AM
Banned Team Member
Joined: Oct 30, 2004
Highscores in 07/2016
Der Multi Atari Emulator (800/800XL/130XE/5200) Atari800 ist nach nun knapp zwei Jahren wieder aktualisiert worden und wartet in Version 3.0.0 mit vielen Neuerung auf.
After about two years the multiple Atari emulator (800/800XL/130XE/5200) Atari800 has been updated again with a lot of changes.
Atari800 version 3.0.0
(released on 2013/03/03)
New Android port features:
- Option to automatically save configuration on exit
- More settings saved in configuration:
- currently attached tape file
- cartridge settings, including currently attached cartridges
- state of R-Time 8
- system settings, including Mosaic/Axlon RAM size
- New Tape Management menu - can now create blank tape images, switch tape to read/write in order to save additional data at the end of the current tape image, rewind/fast forward the tape, and mark it as read-only. See DOC/USAGE for details.
- Displaying tape position when "Show sector/block counter" is enabled.
- Reworked Cartridge Management menu - now displays filename of the attached cartridge.
- Option to disable restarting of the machine after cartridge change.
- When attaching a cartridge from the command line, cartridge type can now be specified using the new -cart-type and -cart2-type options.
- New cartridge types supported:
- OSS 8 KB cartridge
- OSS two chip 16 KB cartridge (043M)
- Blizzard 4 KB cartridge
- AST 32 KB cartridge
- Atrax SDX 64 KB cartridge
- Atrax SDX 128 KB cartridge
- Turbosoft 64 KB cartridge
- Turbosoft 128 KB cartridge
- Ultracart 32 KB cartridge
- Low bank 8 KB cartridge
- SIC! 128 KB cartridge
- SIC! 256 KB cartridge
- SIC! 512 KB cartridge
- Standard 2 KB cartridge
- Standard 4 KB cartridge
- Right slot 4 KB cartridge
- The configure script can now auto-detect some of the available display and sound interfaces before compiling.
- Option to enable XEP80 added to The Emulator Settings menu.
- Emulation of the 1200XL, including console LEDs, no built-in BASIC, the F1-F4 keys (mapped to arrow keys in the SDL version) and the on-board J1 jumper.
- Emulation of the XE Game System, including the built-in game and detachable keyboard.
- Revamped the Select System menu (now called System Settings). Can now select many system settings, including RAM expansions, OS and BASIC revision, and more.
- System ROM settings moved to a separate menu. Now it stores paths to all known official revisions of the Atari OS, the 5200 BIOS, all BASIC revisions, and the XEGS built-in game. The OS revision to use is chosen automatically when selecting a machine type (for example, the 400/800 OS PAL or NTSC version is chosen depending on the selected TV system).
- 400/800: Emulation of all RAM sizes achievable with different combinations of the CX852 and CX853 modules - from 8 to 48 KB.
- Emulation of 32/48KB memory sizes in the XL/XE mode, compatible with memory expansions for the 600XL manufactured by RC Systems.
- Emulation of the MapRAM hardware hack.
- Display settings: "Hue" renamed to "Tint". Tint now configurable also in PAL mode.
- Renamed Atari800 Android port to "Colleen"
- Implemented extended key remapping
- Implemented the B: device (8-bit games can reach the web now)
- Support for Xperia play keycodes added
- Remapped dpad enter to break
- Added paddle emulation
- Optimized file selector, allow roaming outside of ext. storage dir
- Added an exclusion border for paddle mode
- Implemented state saving
- Implemented Planetary Defense mode, a Koala Pad click-where-I-point mode
- Natively supported UI on post-Honeycomb devices
- Fixes for Jelly Bean (audio stuttering, keypad dialogs, soft keyboard)
- Added new dialog for cartridge type selection
- UI fine tuning
- Bugfixes in cassette emulation - works reliably even for tape images with long (> 4096 B) blocks.
- Fixes in save states - loading of save states works correctly even with an attached bank-switched cartridge or with an Axlon/Mosaic RAM expansion. Note 1: Format of the state files has changed. Old save states can still be opened, but newly-created ones cannot be opened in older versions of Atari800.
Note 2: Tape position is not restored on loading of save states. Do not save state during tape loading/saving - it won´t work as expected.
- "Disable BASIC when booting Atari" no longer emulates pressing of the Option key when in the 400/800 mode.
- Fixed a bug with BASIC sometimes disabling itself when switching system type to 400/800
- Minor bugfixes in file selector
- Fixed emulation of SpartaDOS X piggyback cartridge functionality
- "Save Screenshot" fixed - it saved an interlaced screenshot instead of a normal one.
- SDL version: Swapped mapping of right and middle mouse buttons, to make it identical to the X11 and Win32 ports.
- Monitor: fixed displaying/disassembling of memory area $D000-$D7FF - with the new supported cartridge types, code may reside on page $D5, and now it can be debugged.
- SDL version: fixed a blue border when in OpenGL BGRA32 mode.
- Minor fixes in parsing of command-line options.
- Rewritten XEP80 emulation - now more accurate and supports switching between NTSC/PAL modes with correct aspect ratio. XEP80 emulation now requires a charset ROM image, path to which should be set in the XEP80_CHARSET line in the config file.
- Fixed operating system patches not working with all official revisions of the OS.
- Fixed emulation of separate ANTIC/CPU access to XE RAM when Self-Test is enabled.
- Fixed the emulator menu sometimes being displayed incorrectly (missing font) when running without an OS ROM image.
- Improved accuracy of generated colours in PAL mode.
- Fixed emulation of the H: read operation - Turbo Basic´s BLOAD now works on H: devices.
[ Atari 5200 Emus ][ Ataris Geschichte ]
Test your limits and break through!