January 23, 2013 • guillaume.duhamel • Release
Only 14 months since last release and here’s a new Yabause
This new release is about change, on both the user interface and the emulation core.
We added an essential feature missing in Qt port: the debug interface. With this new feature, we now recommend the Qt port as default port for Linux (and friends) and Windows. You can also use it on Mac OS X or you can use the specific Cocoa port. This port gained a new feature too: it can now loads ISO and BIN/CUE files, so you can play on a Mac without an optical drive.
There’s been many changes on the emulation side too: The software renderer is now a big boy and now handles transparency and many other VDP2 features, making many more games playable. The OpenGL
renderer also include a number of new features, but as the software renderer, though slower, is running more games, we made it the default.
The last big thing in this release is it will be the last to support some options, mainly ports, that we will remove as we can’t, or don’t want, to maintain them anymore.
First, we remove three ports that have been superceded by better alternatives:
the native Windows port in favor of the Qt port;
the Carbon port for the Cocoa one;
the Wii port, you can find a better one on WiiBrew
The PSP port will disappear too, except if someone feels like taking it over.
On the technical side, this will also be the last release to be buildable with autotools and we’re dropping support for autopackage.
0.9.11 -> 0.9.12
- Fixes to the dynamic recompiler (Ari64)
- Added ARMv5 support to the dynarec (Ari64)
- New OSD system (Guillaume)
- Added "built-in" DDK to make it easier to compile on Windows (Guillaume)
- Improvements / Fixes in both SCSP and SCSP2 (Cwiiis)
- Major improvements to the OpenGL
- Major improvements to the software renderer (Guillaume)
- Some fixes to register emulation (Guillaume)
- Improvements to line drawing functions in the software renderer (Cwiiis)
- Fixed endianess bugs (Guillaume)
- Added "load image" feature (BlueCrab)
- Fixed the resize bug (BlueCrab)
- Added shortcuts to toggle vdp2 layers (Benjamin Siskoo)
- Fixed the "mute sound" feature (Guillaume)
- It´s now possible to compile the Qt port in "full software" mode (Guillaume)
- Added an autostart option, disabled by default (Guillaume)
- Now using a XDG compliant location for config file (Guillaume)
- Added a debugger to the Qt port (CyberWarriorX
- DirectX cores can now be used in Qt port (CyberWarriorX
- Cheat search function (CyberWarriorX
- Option to show/hide menu and toolbar (Guillaume)
- Close button in pad settings (guillaume)