MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 04354: [Crash/Freeze] bigappg, casino5, dodge, slither, slithera, ssingles: Heap corruption detected by VS2010 RTC (R. Belmont
- 04350: [Graphics] buggyboy, buggyboyjr: Missing/corrupt graphics (Alex Jackson)
- 04346: [Graphics] dangar, galivan and clones: Scrolling incorrectly changes scene (Angelo Salese
Removed deprecat.h usage for the following drivers: [Angelo Salese
- galpanic.c, gradius3.c, halleys.c, hexion.c
Inputs from the scratch for Champion Poker (v100) [Roberto Fresca
Cleaned-up protection simulation in Yam Yam!? [Angelo Salese
Implemented an almost complete Konami k053252 device emulation, adds accurate refresh rate timings and irq
acks to many mid-90-era Konami games [Angelo Salese
Various changes for PSX HW [smf]
- Modernised internal memory map;
- MDEC is now an internal device of the PlayStation
- Root counter & Serial I/O converted to internal CPU devices;
- Moved PlayStationIRQ
code to sub device of the CPU;
Switch input ports to use function-based constructors instead of tokens. Remove the old tokenizing helpers. Add basic classes for ports, fields, settings, and dip locations as a first step. These will be fully cleaned up later. Added machine() method to field to hide all the necessary indirection. Changed custom/changed handlers into generic read/write handlers, and added wrappers to convert them to device read/write lines. [Aaron Giles
Changed input read/write and crosshair callbacks into delegates.
Changed signature for callbacks to take an input_field_config reference instead of pointer. [Aaron Giles
Removed legacy trampolines from eeprom_device, taking advantage of new input port support for delegates. [Aaron Giles
mc6845.c: Converted to C++. [Wilbert Pol]
Fixed the disassembly of the "mov ax, mem" instructions (opcodes A0-A3) in the i386 and NEC disassemblers. The argument (the memory address) was being displayed as a signed number, which doesn´t make any sense. [Alex Jackson]
Fixed a tiny bug with the debugger hex dump command: the printable characters in ASCII range from 32 to 12*6*, not 127. [Alex Jackson]
Fixed input regression with Racin´ Force, allowing it to boot again [Angelo Salese
Gave labels to many inputs in Midway´s T, Wolf and Y Unit games as well as CPS1 and CPS3. [Joe Caporale]
Implemented experimental HLSL post-processing support on Direct3D
9 targets. [Ryan Holtz, Bat Country Entertainment]
* 5-pass post-processing: Upscale, Post-Process, Store Last Frame, Defocus 1, Defocus 2
* Many tunable effects including: Scanlines, defocus, linear deconvergence, radial deconvergence, pincushion, RGB colorspace convolution, YIQ colorspace convolution, saturation, simulated dot crawl, simulated chroma subsampling, aperture masking, and more.
* Requires a GPU that supports Shader Model 3.0 to be enabled and a powerful GPU, the entire pipeline consists of approximately 30 texel fetches and approximately 230 arthimetic ops.
* Will supersample the framebuffer up to 9x in both X and Y, but this requires an enormously powerful GPU that has not been invented; users with Radeon 5000-class cards should limit themselves to 3x, Radeon 4000 to 1.5x.
* The default configuration will NOT appear to do anything; it requires tuning to the user´s liking.
* Should nicely fall back in all cases except missing shaders, and it might fall back correctly in that case as well. Report any anomalies.
- For obvious reasons, the Direct3D8 renderer cannont support this.
Enable Visual Studio basic run-time checks in non-optimized builds [Oliver Stoneberg]
Flush stderr, so the data is actually written when output is being redirected [Oliver Stoneberg]
i286 - Added 286 LOADALL and triple fault resets. [Carl]
i286 - Added support for 16-bit protected mode far calls and segment privilege checks. [Carl]
i86 - Fixed shift instructions, helps detecting proper CPU [Miodrag Milanovic]
i86 - Fixed handling of invalid instructions in 0x60-0x6f section [Miodrag Milanovic]
Major clean-up and state machine conversion for the Sega ST-V
/ Saturn driver [Angelo Salese
HLSL Updates [Ryan Holtz, Bat Country Entertainment]
* Split color convolution and deconvergence into separate shaders for potential GPU savings down the line
* Added light and heavy variants of the color convolution shader, the former with YIQ colorspace removed
* Re-worked defocus to occur prior to shadow mask application, as it would be on a real monitor.
* Split "pincushion" into "Pincushion" and "Screen Curvature", the former affecting the only the displayed image and the latter only affecting the shadow mask.
* Made major fixes to CVBS simulation, significantly increasing color saturation
* Added magnet deconvergence via a shader uniform
* Improved phosphorescence
* Improved YIQ codec
* Added adjustable color carrier in YIQ processing mode.
* Fixed resolution-change crash and likely D3D performance regression with -nohlsl on low-spec cards
* Created a new OSD function, osd_get_slider_list, which allows OS-specific slider controls.
HLSL Post-Processing Updates: [Ryan Holtz, Bat Country Entertainment, cgwg]
* The defocus pass is now switched off when defocus_x and defocus_y are zero, allowing finer-grained performance tuning.
* Removed YIQ convolution from the main color-convolution shader and replaced it with a full composite encode/decode pass. This is slower, but looks amazing(ly like a terrible TV) and can be turned off.
* More authentic NTSC dot crawl and bandwidth limiting.
i86 - Implemented POP CS and MOV CS,reg instructions that are 8086 specific [Miodrag Milanovic]
Implemented multi-cart support to ST-V
driver [Angelo Salese
Managed to get the multiplexer/state machine emulated, amongst some watchdog fixes for BFM games. [J. Wallace]
Added missing bipolar PROM dumps to Lucky Lady (Wing) [Team Europe]
pic8259 - updated to be more according to documentation [Carl]
Initial frameworking for upcoming artwork updates [Mr. Do]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Doraemon no Eawase Montage (prototype) [dopefishjustin, Smitdogg, Luca Elia, The Dumping Union]
New clones added
Champion Poker (v100) [Roberto Fresca
, Team Europe]
Gunbarl (Japan, GNB4/VER.A) [The Dumping Union]
Amidar (Konami/1982) [Patrik Styrnell]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Baryon Future Assault [ Corrado Tomaselli, f205v, The Dumping Union]
Brixian [ Corrado Tomaselli, f205v, The Dumping Union]
Popeye (20p/8 GBP Token) [J. Wallace]