This is a custom build of the Nintendo 64 emulator 1964
I have made. The main aim is to overclock the N64
to allow games to run a lot smoother. Some games were designed similar to PC games, in that they could run faster if the N64
itself was faster. As such games like GoldenEye run at a solid 60FPS in this build of the emulator. The framerate on the real system was anywhere from 8fps->50fps . The effects of choppy gameplay often ruined these N64
games so now you can run them at full speed.
There is also now an option to underclock the N64
. This means less cycles are emulated resulting in greater performance to the user. A few games don´t mind being underclocked and run very similar to normal speed, but give you much better performance on your PC.
The improvements over the normal 1964
v1.1 include :-
* Ability to overclock N64
to get higher framerates or to underclock to get better performance.
* Optimized Interpreter core to be 60-100% faster . Many games are now completely playable with interpreter core on fast machines
* Removed some unneeded speed hacks in interpreter core to make it more accurate
* More accurate DYNAREC emulation
* Some Windows tweaks in the code to get it to run smoother
* Better audio plugin and feeding of audio from main core
v1 Released February 3rd [Initial release]
v2 Released February 5th [Added menu options to set overclock or underclock, fixed some other things]
AEP GPL commentary: He´s going to release the source code when he´s done with the updates, 1964
violated its own license for years.