MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 03240: [Crash/Freeze] topracra: Error Message: devcb_resolve_read8: unable to find input port ´IN0L´ (couriersud)
- 03426: [Sound] wtennis: Missing ball sound (Tafoid)
- 03422: [Graphics] porter: Missing in-game graphics (Tafoid)
- 03421: [Crash/Freeze] samuraia, sngkace: Access Violation (hap)
- 03420: [Crash/Freeze] espial, espialu, netwars: Access Violation (hap)
- 03416: [Crash/Freeze] bradley: Exits with DISCRETE_ADJUSTMENT_TAG - NODE_88 has invalid tag. (couriersud)
- 03418: [Crash/Freeze] dday, ddayc: Access Violation after coin insertion (M.A.S.H.)
- 03025: [Sound] bzone, bzone2, bzonec: inaccurate sound effects (couriersud)
- 03413: [Compiling] 64-bit compiler warnigs (Aaron Giles)
- 03391: [Misc.] popn2 & bmclubmx: CHD version is V3 for the two new added sets (hap)
- 03073: [Sound] scorpion, scorpiona, scorpionb: Sound Missing (couriersud)
- 03075: [Sound] explorer: Sound Missing (couriersud)
Discrete sound updates: [couriersud]
- Fix comments for DISCRETE_TRANSFORM
- FatalError if formula is bad
- Fixed two bugs in DISCRETE_RCDISC3
- Fix some ugly bugs around DISCRETE_FILTER_SW:
- No more iterations
- The CD4066 internal resistance largely determines sound amplitude. This may vary significantly depending on VCC and type (74HC, 74HCV, CD4066, ...). The current choice makes scramble sound "about right".
- Added some profiling code for discrete tasks
- Added DISCRETE_INPUT_BUFFER to use a stream to buffer an input node. For input nodes with a lot of writes this prevents a stream_update on the whole discrete module which is very ineffective. Instead, the data is buffered and the discrete emulation can process a lot of samples in one go later.
- Added disc_syc.c as a container for core modules (output, task)
- Discrete wav and csv logs now are treated as nodes
- Added DISCRETE_START and DISCRETE_STOP functions to be called at device start/stop
- As a side effect, profiling measures log overhead as well
- DSO_TASK_END now builds it´s own dependence list.
- now simply DSO_TASK_END() ends a task
- added node parameter to RC_(DIS)CHARGE_EXP
- added const where appropriate
- removed some dead code
Color bprom verified correct Royal Card Pro v2. [Brian Troha]
De-globalified sound.c and input.c. [Atari Ace]
Improvements to Noraut Poker driver... [Roberto Fresca
- Corrected CPU clock to Xtal/8.
- Discovered 3 new I/O lines coming from PPI-2, PC0-PC2. They are mixed with the handshake ones.
- Added the READOUT button to noraut12 games.
- Splitted the main machine driver to cover 2 different Noraut systems.
- Added partial support for PPI-2, PC0-PC2 output lines on noraut11 games.
- Figured out other remaining I/O lines.
- Added new handlers to simulate the handshake lines. Still need real support through PPI-2.
- Updated technical notes.
- Rerouted norautp and norautjp READOUT button to its own place.
- Routed the whole video RAM access through PPI-2. (bypassed the handshake lines for now).
- Merged back the noraut machine drivers after the 3rd PPI connection.
- Added Low Level Hopper manual input.
- Added a new machine driver for extended hardware.It has 2 jumpers that cut the a14 and a15 addressing lines.
Fixed i386 carry/borrow flag in ADC/SBB [Gabriele Gorla]
Fixes to the PIC16C5x CPU core: [Quench]
- Indirect addressing was not taking into account special purpose memory mapped locations.
- ´iorlw´ instruction was saving the result to memory instead of the W register.
- ´tris´ instruction no longer modifies Port-C on PIC models that do not have Port-C implemented.
Added difficulty DIP to BigTwin. [Quench]
Battery backed 2KB RAM, fixing the default high-scores in speedbal. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli
Shogun Warriors - various fixes:
- Extracted tables required for Shogun Warriors to work [Tomasz Slanina]
- Decrypted + verified table data for Shogun Warriors [David Haywood]
- Marked 2 graphic roms in Shogun Warriors as BAD_DUMP [David Haywood]
- Temporarily added a hack to the collision function to only use the B.Rap Boys code if the game is B.Rap Boys until we have a single function that works with both [David Haywood]
SuperFX updates [Anonymous]
- Fixed disassembly of LMULT/FMULT ops
- Fixed reads using LDW/LDB
- Fixed writes using STW/STB
- Fixed SBC carry behavior
- Fixed GETC ROM access behavior
- Some SuperFX games begin to show things in MESS
- At least partly fixed PLOT and RPIX behavior. This fixes many gfxs in Star Fox and Vortex, but no polys yet.
Simplified kaneko16 decryption functions by working out what each of the bits does and removing game specific references. Re-based the decryption tables as a result. End result is verified to be the same. [David Haywood
Added redumped u6 GFX rom to kaneko16, fixes Geisya and Sumo [Guru]
Fix circus charly slowdowns: [couriersud]
- use SOUND_DAC device to "buffer" data and avoid 1 sample updates for discrete part
- this is related to "03401: circusc and clones: Slowdown in attract mode with DIP SW "Demo Sounds=ON"" though I do not consider it a bug, but a implementation optimization.
Fixed sound banking for Shogun Warriors [David Haywood
Added different TOD implementation for CIA6526 and CIA8520. [robiza
Fixed a small bug with kaneko16 graphic decoding and removed old comment about bad sound banking. [David Haywood
SuperFX updates: [Harmony]
- Inlined a number of functions for possible speed increase
- Removed some memory buffering cruft, to be re-added later
- Fixed behavior of ASR opcode
- With additional MESS-side changes, Stunt Race FX is playable, and Vortex shows much more.
- Hooked up RAM and ROM buffering
- Inlined several more functions
- Removed debug spew
- Added the ability to define an external IRQ line callback, and hooked it up to the 65C816
- Fixed flag calculation for HIB opcode
- Hooked SuperFX chip up to the SNES machine driver
- Fixed carry handling in ADC, ADCI, SBC and SBCI opcodes. Fixes many SNES SuperFX bugs.
Added some basic cheat search functionality to the debugger, allowing searches on various memory sizes. [Sandro Ronco]
Added ´Reload All´ option to the cheat menu. [Pugsy]
Enabled display of cheat comments from within the cheat menu. Press the SPACE key to toggle display. [Pugsy]
Tweaked the shadows in twin16 to be slightly darker. [hap]
Added new function mame_fclose_and_open_next() which will close a file and then keep searching the searchpath for the next valid file. Did some internal rearranging in fileio.c to make this work. [Aaron Giles
Changed cheat search so that it loads *all* cheat files in all search paths. Note that it is easy to end up with duplicate entries this way. Some currently disabled code is present which filters out duplicates, but the logic for doing this is quite unclear with the presence of text-only cheats, which is why the code is disabled for now. [Aaron Giles
M377xx: fix CLB/SEB when not in bank 0. [R. Belmont
Fixed numerous opcodes in the AVR8 core [Harmony]
Enabled alternate register naming in the MIPS core [Harmony]
Add loopback mode and counter/timer modes 3 and 6 to 68681 DUART,
self-tests now pass in dectalk in MESS
. [Lord Nightmare]
updates: [R. Belmont
- Corrected ROM loading behavior for SuperFX games
- Added more ROM mirroring needed by certain SuperFX 2 games
- Corrected the behavior of certain bit-restricted SuperFX registers. Doom, Yoshi´s Island, Dirt Trax FX and Voxel Demo show things now.
- Improved S-DD1 emulation, neither game using S-DD1 boots yet
Added preliminary Zilog Z8 CPU core for MESS
. [Curt Coder]
Cleaned up drivers that write files which are not being actively developed. Also, commented our or changed the printf-ing of some messages to LOGERROR. [Tafoid]
Made numerous corrections to SNESS-DD1
chip emulation, SFA2 and Star Ocean still do not boot [Harmony]
Golden Poker driver... [Roberto Fresca
- Added 2 new Witch Card sets.
- Reworked inputs for Witch Card (german set 1).
- Created new inputs for Witch Card (english, witch game, lamps).
- Added and connected lamps for both sets.
- Added minimal bet and 50/60 Hz. switches to both sets.
- Added DIP switches info for Witch Card (german, set 2).
Added missing rom to a GEI Poker set [Team Europe, Dumping Union]
/Atomiswave video hardware update: [David Haywood
- Basically the region array is processed, and the data from the accumulation buffer where we render is now copied into the framebuffer depending on the tiles specified in the tile list. This isn´t full ´tile-based rendering´ as that would require more work on the preprocessing side, and writing out the data pointers and data in real formats, however it´s a step in the right direction
- Currently only 565 formats are supported for both framebuffer write and framebuffer read. The accumulation buffer is alwys 8888, data is converted down to the specified format. The real accumulation buffer is 32x32 and filled per tile, ours is still full screen.
- The video update now just displays the framebuffer using the framebuffer read parameters specified (again only 565 is currently supported). This allows the Atomiswave bios screens and the rendered output to co-exist.
Added proms to scherrym [Team Europe]
Jaguar updates: [Robbbert]
- Added RGB 24-bit pixels (for Iron Soldier)
- Added depth 0 and 1 to scaled bitmaps (for Val Disere Skiing)
- Preliminary work on PIT support
Got vandykeb up and running. [iq_132]
Added verbose debug logging for the little robin ´vdp´ writes in preparation for looking at it further. [David Haywood
Improved the connect4 layout. [AGEMAME]
Fixed the plane order in the gfx deodes for Black Touch ´96 sprites, and Poke Champ sprites. [David Haywood
Improveed the sprite emulation in Black Touch ´96 (still wrong tho). [David Haywood
Fixed LOOP instructions in 16-bit mode in the i386 core. [Gabriele Gorla]
Added various notes + checksums for Chihiro board. [Alex´s Rom Dumping Project, Mr Mudkips, Philip Burke]
Fixed stupid unidasm bug that double-counted bytes. [Aaron Giles
- Emulated Atomiswave coin slots and standard Dreamcast controller. Non-lightgun games without other problems are now playable. [R. Belmont]
- Added protection data to Moero Justice Gakuen, Heavy Metal Geomatrix, WWF Royal Rumble, Gigawing 2, Toy Fighter, and Guilty Gear X (all are now playable but still marked GAME_NOT_WORKING due to general Naomi concerns). [R. Belmont, Guru, Deunan Knute, Cah4e3]
- Completed partial dumps: Derby Owners Club II, Slashout, WWF Royal Rumble, Gigawing 2, Moero Justice Gakuen, Wild Riders, Virtua Fighter 4 (cartridge) [Guru]
Rename osd_profiling_ticks() to get_profile_ticks(). Moved implemention into inline functions in eminline.h and the ei* functions. [couriersud, Aaron Giles
Added ´options´ parameter to the CPU_DISASSEMBLE prototype. For now, the debugger always passes 0 for this. unidasm has been updated to accept a mode parameter, which is passed for the options. [Aaron Giles
Added PORT_CROSSHAIR_MAPPER() allowing you to specify an alternate, non-linear mapping function from the raw crosshair value to its position onscreen. [Aaron Giles
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Shogun Warriors / Fujiyama Buster [David Haywood
, Tomasz Slanina, Luca Elia]
Cal Omega - Game 7.4 (Gaming Poker, W.Export) [Roberto Fresca
, Team Europe]
Kero Kero Keroppi no Issyoni Asobou [Team Japump!!!, Hau]
Blue [R. Belmont
The Rumble Fish [R. Belmont
Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits [R. Belmont
New clones added
Karate Champ (US, VS version set 2) [Siftware]
Strong X (Strategy X bootleg) [Siftware]
Mortal Kombat (Turbo 3.1 09/09/93, hack) [Jonathan Hughes, Patrick McCarron]
Narc (Rev 2.0) [Volker Hann, Team Europe]
Witch Card (english, witch game, lamps) [Roberto Fresca
, Team Europe]
Master Ninja (bootleg of Ninja Gaiden) [f205v, David Haywood
] (NOT WORKING)
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Mr. Driller 2 (DR22 Ver.A) [Guru]
The House of the Dead 2 [Guru]
Super Major League ´99 [Guru]
Gun Survivor 2: Bio Hazard Code Veronica [Guru]
Club Kart: European Session [Guru]
The King of Fighters Neowave [R. Belmont
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum [R. Belmont