AEP Emulation Page - Emulation News
News - Arcade: Raine v0.51.0 "Birthday Release"
Jezze - Jan 31, 2009 - 02:18 PM
Post subject: Arcade: Raine v0.51.0 "Birthday Release"
Zum elfjährigen Geburtstag von Raine hat Tux eine neue Version seines Arcade Emulators veröffentlicht.
Danke an Emu-France.com für die News.
For the 11th birthday of Raine, Tux has released a new Version of its Arcade emulator.
Thanks to Emu-France.com for the news.
raine (0.51.0) unstable; urgency=low
- Upgrade cps1 & cps2 romsets to finally be compatible with mame (I took the 0.129 sources). In the process I adapted the video config to use the amazing work they did in dumping all these video chips which were the causes of all the kludges which have been in the cps1/cps2 emulation during all these years. So in clear there is a possibility that some drivers are broken, because I can´t test them all obviously, but I´ll try my best to avoid obvious bugs.
- It´s around 210 more clones to play with
- this time the game genre is taken from maws instead of being "misc" everywhere (for cps1 & cps2)
- Use less ram for most drivers
- emulation slightly faster for cps1 sprites, and slightly better for cps2 (I don´t really call this bug fixes, but...).
- If you tried to use the gui to rotate the screen in the middle of playing then you were very likely to get a crash if the game used priority bitmaps (like all cps1/cps2 games !!!). It´s fixed now, you can rotate the screen whenever you want, the priority bitmap will survive !
- Various bugs fixed for the console again...
- When switching to fullscreen and you have not asked to set the video mode from the game resolution in the gui, the resolution taken is now the desktop´s resolution. It makes much more sense than switching a 22´´ lcd screen to 640x480 just because the window size was 640x480 and we switched to fullscreen. Also when returning from fullscreen the previous size of the window is correctly restored even if you restarted raine before returning to windowed mode.
- You can now compile raine from a 64 bit environment. Actually it is very easy to do, and I should have done it earlier, it´s just about using the -m32 gcc switch. Just make sure you have the 32 bit version of all the libraries needed. I just updated the guide about how to compile raine. The detection is now automatic, you just have to launch make without parameters.
- Finally add a dialog to configure the rom directories, you can access it from Change Game/Options (1st line of the game list). By the way, rom directories become unlimited. A friend of mine asked this feature about 2 years ago... Oh well he didn´t know I had planned to rewrite completely the gui before doing that !
- GUI : try to choose a better font size when displaying dialogs
- cheats : if there are no cheats for the current game, and there are some for the parent, then load the cheats of the parent. It allows to have cheats for the 210 new clones, and it´s very likely that they will be all correct (and anyway it´s better than nothing !).
- Raine and neoraine finally share the same makefile. To compile neoraine, you must uncomment the line "NEO=1" at the top of the makefile, or you can type as before "make -f makefile.neocd" which now includes the normal makefile.
- Misc bugs fixed, for example a memory leak in the taito f3 sound emulation was suddenly found because the link order made it to crash the program.
[ Arcade Multi Emus ][ Arcade Single Emus ]
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2007 The PNphpBB GroupCredits