AEP Emulation Page - Emulation News
News - Dreamcast: lxdream v0.9
Jezze - Oct 26, 2008 - 12:10 PM
Post subject: Dreamcast: lxdream v0.9
lxdream ist ein Sega Dreamcast Emulator für Linux und ist in einer neuen Version erschienen.
Danke an e-lation.net für die News.
lxdream is a linux-based Sega Dreamcast emulator and was updated today.
Thanks to e-lation.net for the news.
Lxdream 0.9 is considerably more stable and accurate than the 0.8 series (thanks more to a huge number of bugfixes than anything else), and the majority of software can be expected to "just work" with minimal problems.
Nevertheless this should still be considered an alpha release, with many unimplemented features remaining. You´re unlikely to see ´perfect´ emulation, and we´re nowhere near being bug-compatible (in other words, don´t expect your code to work on the real hardware just because it runs correctly in lxdream).
Changes since 0.8.4
- Improved accuracy + compatibility (many bugfixes)
- Shadow volumes
- Render-to-texture support
- Light-gun support
The following are known problems in 0.9 that will be fixed in the next major release - in other words, you don´t need to report them - we already know
- Graphic artifacts related to translucent triangle intersections, sorting errors and/of lack of depth precision.
- MMU address translation (eg linux, wince, etc) is painfully slow to the point of unusability.
- The SH4 emulation is not cycle accurate, and (by default) usually runs slower than the real one. This cause some programs to have timing problems or to break completely. In some cases this can be worked around by adjusting the CPU scaling factor (-m command line option)
- Audio quality generally ranges from poor to horrible, interrupted by the occasional bit of fair-to-middling sound.
[ Dreamcast Emus ]
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2007 The PNphpBB GroupCredits